How can I be better than the guy my crush likes?

Well here my story, I'm a highschool student (16 years old) and I like a girl in the class. I really like her but after knowing her and befriended her I knew that she has a crush on another guy in my class. I want to have a relationship with her but she's into that guy. He is the funny and silly guy while I'm the smart calm guy. I want to revert the attention of my crush to me but I don't know how to make her like me more than him. What should I do in this case? How can I be better than him?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just try to get in a better relationship friends wise with her and talk more and hang out more. You really have to be yourself and get her to like you for you. So once you think you are close enough ask her out. Or you could do a whole recon mission that lots of girls do and try and find out her type and get into a more friends relationship and see if she likes you and just build it up and up.

Most Helpful Guy

• Two basic pieces of advice for you.

1. Make it clear that you like her. Not blatantly so but flirt a bit. Make it obvious enough. Keep doing it.
    2. Don't bother caring about the other guy. If he is below your notice, she will pick up on it and eliminate him as a candidate herself.

This is all assuming she likes you. Otherwise you're toast.

What Girls Said 2

• Well for one have you ever talked to her? If she's the one who told you she liked him... She could just be doing this to see if you get jealous... Lol if you do, this would indicate to her you have feelings towards her.. Or it's just a different case.. I wouldn't know, I'm not in your perspective

Actually she always implies to me that she likes him and asks me about him while texting. That actually makes me feel used. I thought at first that would be the case but I eliminated this idea from my head I don't know why

• Focus on your books and get top grades, the relationship obviously won't last, don't waste your time, the rate in unemployment is steadily increasing, get bomb ass grades and secure a life, get a hobby; art, sports etc don't waste any effort on something that won't mean anything in the long run.

What Guys Said 2

• You can't really 'make' anyone like you. Just be yourself and hope for the best.

• you sound like one of those nice guy's that's actually an asshole in the making you should try to be a better you