What's the most important thing in life?

I have no goal in life, no direction, i dont know how to enjoy life and i failed at life at 24. My mother only taught me to work and school and i always listened but it left me with no social life.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a common thing, everybody in the life reach to this point, it makes you think a lot and almost panic.
    We live to learn, we all did mistakes we learned from, that's progress. You like things to happen in your life, but nothing happens. Try to find your interests, be ambitious, there is something you want to do, no one can help you but your self, nothing is easy, that's why it's so sweet when you get it. I have been in your situation like yours, i was a living dead person, doing things that had no meaning over and over and over again. Then came few dark months, the darkest i ever been through and thought this is like war, there is a war in my head, id this really how life is? or is it just me? Started reading books just randomly, then one day i came a cross a book ''find your motivation'' it wasn't a title but it made me curious to pick it, this book gave my some ideas how to be motivated and how to be ambitious in things i want. Try to find a way to motivate your self to find a goal in your life, nothing comes easy remember that. Sorry i wrote this much hope you get something useful.
    Stay strong

Most Helpful Girl

• I think we each have to create our own meaning in life. My values give me meaning in my life. For example, I'm Catholic and part of that is doing what we call "good works" - pursuing ideas that will help others. This for me means working at a non-profit. I have a friend who is Buddhist. The thing that's most important to them is to have new experiences and also to live in the present-in that very moment, so they have a job that takes them to new places. What things do you value most? That might help you decide what you want to do.

Also on the not having a social life aspect: join some clubs! Meetup (dot) com is a great place to join people with similar hobbies as you. It takes a lot of work to make friends, for sure, but it can be done. My advice is to focus on the people, not so much the activities. Try new things even when you don't know if you'll like it, if there's potential to make friends from that situation. If you're a hard worker in your career, you can apply that hard work to pursuing friends. Good luck!

What Guys Said 36

• Love. I went through all middle school and high school without the drive to find anyone and I have no idea why. Then when I was 23, I was watching a movie (catching fire to be exact) and somehow that flipped the switch and it felt like all of the past 23 years of no drive to find love hit me all at one time. I was an absolute miserable mess and I had no way to burn off that feeling so I googled a question about it and I stumbled upon GAG for the first time. I liked it so I decided to join and I got (I think) pretty good at helping others and that helped my situation somewhat. Then as time went on I developed friendships with other members and talked to them on and off gag. I would be at work all day waiting for that little orange circle up top to say I had a message from them :$ I still carry some of those friendships and I love each and every one of them. I've actually met one member and it was one of the most memorable times of my life and I hope we will get to do it again, she's an amazing person :)

Anyways sorry for all that haha, I would say love because its like a shot for your soul, balancing you out and making you happy if you do it right! If you find your Mr. Right, it shouldn't be hard :)

• The most important thing in this life is to know what comes next.

• I'd say it's a little early at 24 to be claiming to have failed at life.

Any rate, to answer your question, I'd say to live and learn. The two are equally important.

I understand you have no social life, but that can be remedied. So what are you doing to remedy it?

• 24 AND YOUR LIFE ENDED , you realise when great people had problems they didn't give up they continues that's why they are great

• True, honest, heartbreaking love.

• The most important thing in life, is to stay alive.

To live happily though, that is entirely dependent on the person.
    The world that one sees is the world that they choose to see.

You will live or die and laugh or cry according to your own will, what ever you keep in your own mind. That is the essence of conscious living.

• Most important thing? I would say to love yourself and enjoy whatever life you can make for yourself.

• Most important: To know God and strive to obey Him.
    Next: To love and be loved.

• For everyone it's different.
    You can make yourself a purpose and accomplish it using yourself.

I myself feel like I have arrived at my last stop because I'm stranded on the borderlands and there's nothing I can do to escape.

• Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

Nothing more bad arse than quotes from Conan. ^^ The good ol days that didn't have this SJW/liberal freaks/radicalLGBTer's always trying to poison entertainment with their toxic narratives.

• To be loved.

• The most important thing in life is chicken fried with cold beer on a Friday night, wearing jeans that fit just right.

• i think u should make friends and meet neighbours and people around u go to garden see the sunrise and sunset just enjoy ur life as u want and u wil get ur goal or direction

• God. 😊

• The most important thing in life is living.

• Art is the most important thing

• read some books... they will guide you!

• Do everything you want before you die, raise kids and give them the opportunity to do it aswell.

• What we together as both man and woman were intended to ultimately do...

• I believe hobbies are probably the most important thing for me.

• you can't find the answer here look around you and meditate on the flow of things. it will change from time to time but keep searching

• To do something. Which benefits everyone.

• There must be something that you are passionate about.

• Travel... like a backpacker... No destinations

• work towards happiness. then comes along fun and friendliness and all the other stuff

• Thing then Gaming

God not a thing but he still top prioraty

• Love and sex

• your answer is in your question right there: a social life. that too with friends who accept you for who you are and don't dictate to you how to live your life or expect u to change just to clique with them

• Noone really knows why we exist. There's no point in wondering, because it's a waste of time. Noone will ever know why we exist. But, to just do what we want in life, until our timely death

• Sex.

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 12

• It depends on what your goals are in life, but financial stability is vital

I guess in the end though... Contentment is paramount - being content with what you have and who you are.

Sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances people can't pursue their goals and dreams, and have to just settle for less , but if you can find contentment , then you'll be able to adapt to anything that life throw at you , and have the ability to pursue new dreams and goals

• Without having to adulate God, try to spread goodness around you :) That's the best goal to have

• Just living to be happy, enjoy life, have fun, spend time with Family and friends, seek for love, seek for knowledge, try to achieve things.

• Love is the most important, your dreams, being a good person :) and for me God, I am religious.

• You're 24 which is still very young. The most important thing in life is to set goals and work your butt off to obtain them. It doesn't matter whether big or small, strive to do them. I want to become an astronomer which is very hard. Only 2000 astronomers are in the US so that's one goal I have set in mind. The key point is just to set goals so you don't feel worthless

• The most important thing is to live life to the full and enjoy it - that will enjoy a good job which you enjoy, friends and a partner to spend Thoose days with

• avoiding death. good luck.

• What's the most important thing in life? To enjoy the little things from the sound of the bush to having diner parrtys in the back yard. Taking the time to understand yourself and loving everybody that come into contact with you ;) never hide your voice as that is what makes you

• To be content and happy at some point in my life with a good marriage, family and security.

• to be happy

• To know what you want and how you'll get it

• To live in the present moment