Is it true that a man will always ask you out straight away if he likes you? Or do you sometimes take your time and get to know a girl a bit first?

Cam men sometimes be a bit shy? How long/well would you have to know a woman before asking her out?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1 no he might be shy and need to get to know you so that he can gather his confidence.
    2 yes I need to know a woman for a while before I get attracted to her.
    3 yup we sure can be shy.
    4 3 months I keep freezing up when I attempt to ask her out.

Thanks, does it help if she lets you know she's interested? Like flirting etc?

Your welcome

Thanks for mho

What Guys Said 5

• Why are you still asking this question at age 36-45? Yes, of course men can want to get to know her better first or be too shy or too uncertain she likes him back to ask.

What does age have to do with it? Being single doesn't get any easier.

But thanks for answering I suppose.

Sure, it's a sly dig at your age, of course. It can't possible be genuine amazement that you are asking a question that would normally be posed by a 15-year old girl who's never dated (or had male friends).

God you are rude. I've dated lots of men, had boyfriends and was married for a few years, not that it's any of your business. None of that made me able to read men's minds.

• Yes man are shy and yeah we perform a background search

• Usually I don't like a girl much until I have known her for at least a month. I'm a bit emotionally distant so me liking anyone is rare but when it occurs I usually just freeze up even if I know for a fact that the feeling is mutual.

• I won't ask a girl out until AFTER she passes a polygraph.

• He'll get to know you if it's in an environment like uni, work, party, etc. The only place they'd ask out is at a bar. But you don't always meet a hot girl in that context, since life isn't just being in bars!

I have a similar themed question as to how a girl would perceive you since the guy couldn't ask her out in the context they met. Can u help me out? www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2149531-do-women-let-some-men-get-away-with-more-see-description-first

Can u help me?

What Girls Said 1

• No, that is not true.