He said he doesn't know how he feels. Playing games or just being busy?

I met a guy on an online dating site, and we hit it off great. We had a lot in common, we could talk nonstop, things were great. He was on vacation at the time, so he didn't have to stress about work and we had time to get to know each other better. He also layered on the honey (saying cute things, telling me how pretty I am, etc.) I hear this is a tactic guys use to see how much a girl is into them.

We decided to go on a date during his vacation. The date went great, and we even extended our date and got dinner.

It's been a full week since the date, and since the date he has went back to work. We communicate less, but he still does initiate good morning or hi texts, and he also responds to my texts. But has hasn't been saying anything cutesy or whatever like he did before.

It bothered me because I felt he was either losing interest, or he was comfortable with where things were at. So I asked him if he was still interested in me.

He told me, "I don't know how I feel. Have just been very busy this week." He said this twice over the course of a couple messages, and then he got angry when I didn't respond so he sent me angry emoticons.

He has been swamped at work since coming back from his vacation, so it made since that he really didn't have any time to think about our date.

I'm just so confused on this whole thing. Should I take what he said at face value and just assume he has been so busy that he hasn't had time to think about our date, or is this just his way of saying he's not interested?

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like he's either lost interest or he's found someone else. It's possible there were other girls he was playing with along the same time as you and their relationship with him developed faster and more serious than yours did, and he's decided to more on without you

:( I hope not. I don't understand why he copped a fit just because I didn't respond. I took two hours to respond, and it wasn't even if reference to what he said. It was an emotional topic for me, so I definitely didn't want to respond while at work. I've been upset this whole time, and when I got home he sent me a message calling me "gay" for whatever F****** reason. It's just mean.

It turned ugly for the worse. He said he doesn't like my weight and something else about me. I told him in the beginning that I am constantly trying to lose weight.

What Girls Said 1

• Well... imagine if you actually were his girlfriend and he got swamped with work again as usual. He may not be ready to commit to a relationship due to his hectic schedule/lifestyle.