How would you react if a girl said she was interested in knowing you better?

Let's assume you two know each other, at least decently well. You're both single, and have happily been so for awhile. Would you be flattered or weirded out if a girl messaged you saying she was lowkey keen on you and wanted to know you better?
I mean, I know i'd be flattered at the very least if a guy said that to me :)

1mo Thanks so much for all the awesome replies! That gives me hope :)
Update: we've actually kissed before, does that make any difference? haha!
1mo Update no.2: It went super well guys! We're chatting now, and even though he's overseas at the moment, he's taking the time to message me almost instantly! Thank you all for your help! (It definitely paid off! :D )

Most Helpful Guy

• I would be very happy if I liked you too and flattered if I didn't. Guys get rejected too much and are very flattered when a girl does something like that.

What Guys Said 28

• Honestly, I would become hyper-paranoid that it must be some prank scheme. I believe (now) but not before that it is just imagination and nothing like it will ever exist

Well,, since you two have kissed it would different. Well, I would be delighted.

• Yeah, I like people that like me. Although I probably would be quite distant with her if I didn't feel the same way in order to not waste her time. If I was also interested in her, I'd be all for it.

• flattered. although i would wonder what exactly that meant

• That would be amazing, but the low-key part would make it seem like a friend thing more than a date/see if I actually like you

• I'd be flattered but 'decently well'... I wouldn't know what else she didn't know about me yet lol. Just be my bud and interact with me some more :D

• Depends what she looked like, at the very least, flattered and charmed.

• Very flattered. Very, very flattered. A girl has never said that to me. N I've talked with quite a few girls.

• I'd be flattered!

• Unzip my pants immediately! Lol

J/k

But seriously that is a pretty universal way of saying "I want to be romantically entangled with you"

• i wouldn't be flattered or weirded out, I'd be more intrigued on why she's so interested in learning more about me.

• I'd be extremely flattered. But that's me not the object of you desires. Perhaps you'd get a better response in person. Phones and text messages are so impersonal and can be construed to mean whatever you want... too ambiguous.

• We would be flattered to.

• Flattered and I'd assume she meant as more than friends if we already knew each other rather well.

• flattering and depending on who it is I might be very happy hearing about it

• Sure why not.

• I'd be flattered. In fact, I'd want to get to know her better, also.

• Flattered.

• Flattered. That's definitely a sign of interest.

• I'd like to know her aswell If I feel in the same way.

• Same I'd be flattered and open to wanting to know her better myself as well. 😊

• I would be flattered by her offer to get to know me, after all I might gain a wonderful partner

• Definitely flattered

• what does she believe in

• Good question. I'd probably sit down MD have a open discussion with tht girl.

• Yeah if i found her attractive, i'd open myself to her and get to know her as well :)

• Absolutely on top of the world. How does a guy tell this to a friend who is now single (has been for 8 months)?

Anything?

Haha thanks! :)

I can't say for most girls, but me personally? I'm very oblivious and usually DON'T know (xD). The only way I can really spell it out if a girl knows that you're keen is if she responds to flirtatious remarks/starts flirting with you, or... breaks it off. (But we're talking positively so let's not think about that one too much haha).

Hmm. That's odd. It's very possible she has a busy lifestyle (I know I've picked up my phone, seen a message and not replied to it until much later due to something-or-other), but generally if a girl is keen, she'll reply pretty promptly. If you guys can hold a conversation, and you both reply quickly to each other, that's great! A good sign :)

Hmm... do you have her on Facebook? Or her mobile number? Try contacting her more directly. She's more likely to reply if you've inboxed her or sent her a text. Just be careful not to overdo it (be really pushy, I mean :) ). Otherwise, just go for it, and hopefully everything turns out well! :)

Haha welcome :-)

I see, I mean I'm a little unsure if a sweet girl likes me when they act innocent. She's definitely fun though too like me. I have always complimented her qualities which she loves. I try to be flirty, and even more so now she is finally single. So how do I make it clear I think she is really cute?

I know normally she texts me either immediately (even comes online whtapp as I reply) or very prompt. I can't see how she'd be that busy if her 'last seen' is updating. What doesn't make sense is her high enthusiasm this whole time about moving back and telling me, her generally long and excited replies. Even though it took her 2 days to reply initially, again it was her long style reply and she ended with the Hope I can see u soon!"

I texted her lol like I said before. So why would she read it and have used whtspp often and not replied to me after so long? Especially if we're friends and she herself said hope I can see u soon!

Thoughts?

• I'd be flattered!

• Flattered

What Girls Said 2

• Why wouldn't you be flattered? If you are interested than do it if not than don't seems very simple.

• Well, if they were attracted to her, they'd probably be flattered.