Can a man change a woman via love and etc?

I've seen how women can change a man via love. However is it the other way around?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's possible but it depends on how much she wants to change as well. I used to get upset very easily because I'm sensitive, but my boyfriend is very mellow and chill and did change me for the better. However, just like any guy or girl, if I didn't want to change, I'm sure he never could've done it.

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Women are incredibly hard headed. They cannot be changed. They only get worse with age. I haven't even meet a woman in her 50's that wasn't insane.

What Girls Said 4

• It's extremely uncommon... This is typically related to codependency, and is called "Rescue dating". It is very unhealthy, very common, and almost constantly portrayed by the media.

On the ABC show "Once Upon A Time", I was VERY happy to see Belle finally give up on Rumple, because she was rescue dating... but most of the time, people won't change for their partner. They change when they feel like it.

Rescue dating is portrayed as very beautiful and romantic because "all they need is each other's love". However, the concept completely excludes the fact that one person often gives their own life away, for the sake of keeping the other there; emotional abuse is commonly involved; change doesn't usually come; and often, if change does come, the other party often loses interest when they are not needed anymore.

It is the principle behind "nice guys finish last". Nice guys do NOT finish last—codependent guys that rescue date finish last. Nice guys don't necessarily finish last...

This is coming from a struggling codependent* I have struggled with it for years, and it is NOT fun. I actually just realized I left my boyfriend because I got bored in our relationship... because my codependency made our relationship unsatisfying :/

And I have rescue dated for years and gotten my heart smashed... I hate it.

• I don't believe you can change a person. Change has to come from within a person

They'll only change if it'll benefit themselves in someway. A person may change how they respond or react in a relationship, in order to make the relationship work , or to make their SO happier, but they'll only do that if they choose to do it

• No they can't change us though love can put out all of our best traits. I mean love changes us too, It makes us better, or at least makes us want to be better version of ourselves.

Though the main point is to get us the way we are with our bad and good sides.

• I think I have. My husband mellowed me out and taught me to have fun and let go once in awhile. He makes me want to be better not just because of my own standards but better for him

What Guys Said 1

• women change men through blackmail and manipulation not love... .