What's the point of dating of you're not looking for a relationship?

This guy and I have been going out for a little while and I just learned he's moving to another state in about six months. I asked him why he's pursuing a relationship if he's leaving and he said he didn't want to be a in a relationship right now.

I told him I respected that but I had misinterpreted the whole thing. He asked if we were still going to date and I said no, I wasn't looking for someone just to chill and lay up with. He said he wasn't talking to other girls so why not?

I'm very annoyed by his responses and this whole thing. I'm also pissed at the time I can't get back. Why would you date without the intention of finding someone you want to be in a relationship with?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people just do it for fun and because they want to talk to someone. And I know you said "that's what friends are for" but it's more fun to talk to someone new and someone you have mutual attraction with.

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest he should have made his intentions clear to you before either of you dated. Dating for a outing or a drink is completely fine. You don't need to seek a relationship for that. That is the whole point of dating in the first place. But I can agree with you on that one about his situation. Overall it will be a short term relationship at best. He is entitled to what he wants. And your entitled to yours. It was just best to drop him if your seeking different.

What Guys Said 8

• Thats what I've never understood but i figure most people don't think very deeply. They kinda operate on impulses and run on auto pilot for the most part. I would prefer to date only a girl that was looking for something serious

• People date for companionship, for sexual satisfaction, and to find a long term mate.

Oh okay, that makes sense.

• For company, humans are social creatures
    For attention, because above
    For sex (hopefully)

That makes sense.

• Some people just want the company or they enjoy the thrill of the hunt

• He should of made that clear. He's just being really selfish and not caring about your needs. He might be using you as a backup plan or just does not like being alone.

• Sex, friendship, boredom..

• Ugh, hard to answer but he is smart. Few reasons

Dating and not "in a relaltionship" means all the benefits and noe of the hastle. Once you are "in a relationship" you lose a lot of freedom.
    If you mistakenly end up married with the current gynocentric laws and culture your life is ruined.

• you know, social contact. going outside of the house and stuff.

What Girls Said 2

• that's something bad to do

• Sex.

lmao you're hot

even though I want to settle down and have my own family butt life sometimes it's a bit difficult

and sometimes you don't get everything that you want but you learn from it