Went on a date last night and the guy was so nervous he spilled his drink on me. He's super shy and I could tell he's really nervous what should I do?

How can I make him feel comfortable? We even had a couple drinks and he was still nervous.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• get close, hug him. tell him to take deep breathes with you. make your hearts beat at the same rate. let your breathing patterns and heart rates synchronise.

What Guys Said 40

• Well you're giving him a second date, so I take it you like him.

But in order to help I'd need details lol.
    Was he nervous the whole night?
    Or did a specific topic make him more nervous enough to spill his drink?
    Did you attempt to make a move because in order to spill his drink on you, you two had to be very close I'd imagine?

But basic stuff for dealing with date awkardness.

1. plan out the conversation topics to something he's into.
    2. Talk to him on the phone, to get more comfortable before date #2.
    3. let date night #2 be somewhere his familiar with
    4. tell him to dress Nice! Dressing in your top gear adds a whole other level of confidence :).

Good luck and hope it goes well mate :).

• I suggest going on a fun date with him, or an active date. Find an activity that you both enjoy and do it or go somewhere fun like a themepark. don't try to give him liquid courage it only works to get him to ask you out. It will only make him worse on a date and more of a cluts.

• Lol that sounds too cute and cringy.

You don't have to do anything, just give it some time and hell calm down around you hah

• Tell him that you don't mind if he is nervous or shy. Tell him that you can wait till he feels comfortable to talk to you freely and comfortably. keep on dating him till he feels comfortable. Once he feels all right he will interact with you well and cling to you like a magnet. And you will find the best partner of your life. Such people are always true to their partners because they realize how difficult it is to fall in love. They don't think of taking another chance because there is fear in their hearts. about not being successful with a new partner. next time.

• >>>>>>"Went on a date last night"

media.giphy.com/media/tu5d9bnhNYKJi/giphy.gif

Er, I mean -- I'm so happy you two found each other! :D lol! :P

Seriously though, just spend more time with him and he'll calm down. In my past experiences as a shy person myself, it really helps when a girl is really open and smiley and friendly. If she's talkative and jokes with me in a nice way, it really helps to put me at ease. But I guess you're doing those things already haha, so it's just a matter of a bit more time. :) And then that drink spill can just be a funny story between you some day, haha.

Hey stop with that lol! I'll be fine. :D

66.media.tumblr.com/.../...x2chSx1s2wio8o1_500.gif

See? xD

Lol good.

• Say "I like you" in some way, sneak it in with something else, be playful about it. I think that simple phrase would go a long way.

• Just be and remain nice and relaxed :D
    After some time he'll relax as well. He's probably so much in love he's nervous and afraid to relax.
    Maybe try a good hug and inviting him to relax, that may help :D

• I would be nervous too if I were in his position. You are super hot and the inferiority complex and paranoia would kick in. Yes, it's pathetic, I know.

• Hold his hand. There is something intensely calming about a woman holding your hand.

• just try to talk to him on messages/text more. then when he'll get comfortable with you by texting then he'll be a little nervous and shy but not that much

• Oh no, lol. I feel sorry for guys who get like that. Ummm, just keep going out with him, I guess he'll eventually learn to not spill shit on you, haha.

• does he even alpha?

• Some how take the pressure off him he is nervous because he wants to make a good impression and isn't sure if he is doing the right thing.

• Give him time.

Honestly just give him time.

I used to be shy. Once he warms up over time he'll be like any other guy.

Make sure you don't judge. Just be so kool about it.

• as you two get more familiar with each other he will become more comfortable.

• Lol tell him your stories so he can laugh 😂
    Was this the guy you were telling me about?

Lol I was making jokes and he was laughing. Yes, this is the guy.

Well at least he knows your not into La Puta Stinky anymore 😂

Oh yeah we talked about that but I kept it short... basically he doesn't like her and he was waiting to see if I liked her. Date was about us so I didn't want to spend time talking about her.

• He accually seems ok. Just reassure him not to be so nervous and to continue to try with him. Good luck. !!

• Good luck on your second date :)

• Haha 😂 Damn these betas.. eat him alive gurl. If he is shy it will take some time for him to feel comfortable with you but maybe later it will be coo'

• Next time you could act like you'd do that unpurposely to him as well and let it seem like a little flirting game between you two. But don't start a food fight! :D

• Just give him some indicators that you had a good time and you'd like to see him again or go out together! If he gets the feeling you are into him he should be less nervous.

Poor guy was so nervous from your beauty! lol :P

• some random guy tries to take my bunny? 😱😒😭

• Nervous men are like wild animals... once you gain their trust, they're very loyal.

• Sounds like me lol 😳😳

• He might be worried about making a good impression on you. Just try to reassure him that you like him and there's nothing to worry about. Give him a tight hug and maybe a kiss on the cheek.

I guess I'll try to be more affectionate.

He has Lol he's actually really hot.

It'll probably take some time before he feels comfortable. I guess that's how it is for many people when they go on their first date with someone new. They say the first date is the time to make a good impression. Also guys just like women can be shy around people they find really attractive.

• 💔💔💔😶

• Was he shaking the whole time?

If you're into the guy, just show it. That should help.

• be really nice to him, show him that he can show you his comfortable side ;)

• just spill some back on him

• Kiss him!
    Trust me, as soon as he knows you like him, he will be much more comfortable

Lol I did. That made him even more nervous... he was so red.

He sounds like me haha 😳
      Try and go somewhere private with him
      That might help too

Private? Lol we're going to the pumpkin patch today... so that should be better.

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 8

• Perhaps you May not Hear from him again, because he is now Feeling... Awkward, due to the Spill, @Autumn-Bunny.
    However, if You liked him, Know that He was just this Nervous Nillie, Give him a Shout and See if a Second Chance, that Could lead to a Potential Romance, could be the Fly on that Bar wall.
    Good luck. xx

He called me this morning to apologize

Thanks for your like, and Okay then!! Follow through On your own reply now, bunny. xx

• Haha awww
    Just tell him hey! I don't bite! 😛 Don't stress lol

• hahahahah is it the same guy you told me about?
    "no sarah I don t think he s interested" lmfao yea right hhahaha
    I mean just be yourself, be really chill and cool
    make him laugh show him you re interested

Yes it is 🙈😏😊 I just got home.

It was Lol... Oh God I need to stop I'm making myself cringe. Thanks

hahaha dafuq is a pumpkin patch

• awwwww that's so cute. If him another chance. That's such a memorable date. Gosh appreciate dates like that. It's memorable what's wrong with you.

• Talk to him more, find common interests- that usually makes people feel more comfortable.

But you must really like him cus if a guy was that nervous and shy around me - I would of ran lol

Well at times he's really shy then when I start making him laugh he opens up and is super funny and charming

Aw okay he doesn't sound that bad now lol

• Talk to him do you guys get to know each other, mayeb someone he knows well or feels comfortable in

• Aww poor thing 😄

• Do you like him or not?

I really like him.

Awhhh that's so sweet!
      ☺️☺️
      Have fun!
      I hope that it's going to work out between you two!

Thanks and I will.