How much time do you think is necessary to wait to get into a relationship with someone who just got out of a relationship?

• No time. The relationship ended for a reason
  • A couple days
  • A couple weeks
  • A month
  • A couple months
  • Depends (on what?)

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe the answer to this question is it is going to depend on two items. One, the personality of the person out of the relationship you’re considering getting into a relationship with. Two, how good or bad the first relationship was and how good or bad it ended.

If the person’s personality is very flexible they’re able to cope with the relationship ending well and the relationship in question didn’t end badly, then getting straight-a-way into a new relationship with them isn’t too terrible of an idea. However, if the opposite of all this is true, then you might consider waiting a few days or a few weeks before trying to develop something new with them.

People need time to mourn and grieve of the loss of what’s ended before they are mentally or emotionally reading for something new. Giving them that time might be very conducive to making sure the new relationship you want with them develops with a good foundation and will last. Otherwise, you might be setting yourself up for failure before your new relationship has had a chance to develop well. That’s my bottom line.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say no less than a year, because it takes time for most people to move on. People go through a grieving process after a break up and that process takes time. So they aren't ready to enter into a new relationship until they are past the acceptance stage , and that can take up to a year or more in some cases

What Guys Said 20

• I went depends - It is a gut check - If someone says 5 times in one evening she is definitely over him, she is not - Whenever feels right

• Hmm, this is quite a personal question to me... I made the mistake of waiting, don't do it. Or if you have to wait, make it a few days only for the tears to dry up.

Waiting for the other person? Or you were the one getting out of a relationship?

So he's had nearly 2 months :P and dating for 4 months is barely a relationship in my book. Yeah i think he's quite honest about it.

Okay cool. I just don't want to be a rebound lol

• depends on the person and what kind of relationship they were in... but I'd wait a couple of weeks at least

• I don't think any time is necessary. If that person is ready to begin a new relationship, I think that's ok. It really just depends if he/she is really over their ex.

• Depends----Most people get over with their break up of relationship emotions within 3 months. But some take even longer from 6 months to 1 year. . So I think you should wait at least two months for them to get over their relationship problems.

• I'd say a couple of months, to let things settle down in their heads

• I think it depends on how long they were together and how fast people process their emotions, I dated a girl who had broken up with her boyfriend from 7 years a couple of weeks before, needless to say we spent most of time speaking of her past relationship, and worst part was that at the end of the night we ran into her ex boyfriend, so I think it really depends

• I'd say a minimum of six months. Otherwise you're going to be second best to the ex. That ain't good.

• It depends on if they're ready , timing and emotions

• a couple months.

• if she has just been dumped she will be insecure and likely to give you lots of sex quickly, strike while the iron is hot

• I asked myself the same question not a long time ago. It really depends on the person, I'd say that generally some months are advised, but if you feel that the person has already moved on, don't wait.

• It depends on how close they where and for how long, but probably a couple weeks most of the time.

• Depends on the people involved. Some people may be ready to get out of the relationship for sometime and may bounce back quickly.

• Totally depends on how they;re feeling

• That's pretty vague. How long was the person in a relationship for?

• A couple months

• take notes guys. taken or ex taken guys attract women.

Technically everyone has an ex. Nice try tho 🙄

yeah. help my fellow men be mroe successful with woman. to live more fulfilled lives. is that bad? can't i have a sense of brotherhoodwith men?

i dont want a lonely fellow man to exist... .

• A couple months at least. That bond will still be tethered to each other and its annoying when they keep bringing up or comparing you to their ex.

• I was confused about the first voting option then I was like "Oh. Ohhh. Ohhhh, ohh. Ohhhh. Ohhh! Ohhhhhh! Ohhh, ohhhh!"

What Girls Said 1

• ıt depends on the person's feeling