Should I say something or let it go?

We were family friends. We dated briefly this summer but things ended when I brought up the where is this going scenario? I was just trying to ask if I meant something more to him than friends with benefits but he responded with all this stuff about not being ready for a serious relationship. And that's not what I asked. I tried to talk to him about it more but he wouldn't so We went back to being just friends and he still flirts with me when I see him in person but it seems like every time I take a step in his direction he backs off by twice as many. I know he is hurt from a past relationship but I just don't know if it's worth the time to wait it out or say something? Things were going pretty well before I brought anything up but now we can't get back on track. We went to happy hour recently and everything was fun and flirty like before. I chickened out on bringing anything up but I kissed him on the cheek when we left. Should I say something or let it go?

What Guys Said 2

• He says he's not ready which is a lie. The truth is he isn't ready for you and he never will be so why are you wasting your time?

So why does he keep flirting? And agreeing to see me? And trying to impress me? Is he just wanting attention?

No he wants to fuck you. And that's all

• There's two ways to go about this. First is give up, like you said, second is to roll the dice first before you give up. That would entail getting right up in his face (privately) and telling him everything you just told us, including the part about his past relationship haunting him. And then STOP him before he can answer you and say, "NO! Don't say anything because I want you to wait and sleep on it and sometime in the next 48 hours, then come tell me exactly how you feel, and don't bullshit me or yourself." Then take his answer, when he gives it, as final.

That sounds like a good plan. I just can't tell if he is being guarded cause he is scared or if he isn't interested? But I guess I just gotta suck up my pride and ask

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should let it go. Both of you want completely different things.