Girls, does your own height matter when describing a guy as tall? Would a 5' girl say for a 5'8 guy that he is tall and handsome?

Im sure I may be very tall in relation to a 5' girl but I'm also sure that she would never describe me as being tall wih my 5'9... am I right?

• Yes my height matters, I would describe as tall any guy who is at least 6inch above me
    80% (8)25% (1)64% (9)Vote
  • It doesn't matter, I'm comparing him in relation to other guys not to my own height, tall is minimum 6'1 and above
    20% (2)75% (3)36% (5)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0
4|3

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm, I'm 5'2, I don't think that I would say a 5'8 dude is tall. I'd say he's average. Compared to me, yeah, he's tall but for a man, he's still average height so I would consider him average height.

0|1
    0|0
    • 1mo

So you do compare him relative to other guys and even if you were 4'9 you would never describe him as tall, right?

• 1mo

Yeah, exactly. I don't think that I would ever describe him as tall because I'd be comparing him to the average for men.

What Girls Said 3

• I'd say 5'8 is tall, but I'm only 5'1 😝but 5'4 with heels on lol

0|1
    0|0
    • 1mo

So if you meet a hot 5'8 guy and later on you meet your friends, would you say: omg guys, I met the most amazing guy ever, he was tall and handsome!

• Show All
    • 1mo

Omg that's so cute, marry me, I'm 5'9 im your tall dark and handsome prince lollllll

• 1mo

Haha 👑 I might need step ladders mind 😂

• Yeah... My general rule of thumb is 6 inches taller. That's about 6 feet. A friend of mine is 5'8", she feels that my husband at 6' is short. It has to do with perspective.

0|1
    0|0
  • yeah it matters ı am 1.70cm

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• People need to stop worrying about their height so much. You can't change it anyway so just roll with it. Its not going to stop you from doing whatever you want to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • no he's short and handsome

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah i would think if a girl is that short she would be content with a 5'8 guy. However, lol at thinking a girl who is 5'7 -5'9 would want anything shorter than 6'2 when looking for a guy.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

Doesn't matter if she is content, what matters is if she would describe him as tall in front of her friends

• 1mo

It depends. If her friend and those in her social circle are shorter than you then yes. However, if she regularly hangs around people your height or guys taller than you then no.