Do you care about quality or quantity when it comes to dating?

Some people date for the long run while other date for the fun of it. Some people, like me, date for marriage. Others want one night stands. So what kind of dater are you? Do you brag about how many people you've dated or how wonderful your last relationship was?

Most Helpful Girl

• Quality over quantity definitely. It's better to date people who have qualities that match yours. How many people you date isn't important it's the nature of the relationship that counts

What Girls Said 12

• Quantity until quality came along. I loved dating a lot and gaining experience but as soon as someone I could see a long term relationship came along it was exclusive quickly

• I'm about quality, always have been. I've had a few relationships (male and female) and they were all because they were/are good people. I'm still friends with an ex girlfriend (we dont talk a lot but we're on good terms). My current boyfriend is definility way better than the rest though. He's certainly someone I could imagine settling down with- but its too early to think that lol. I don't see the point in flings but hey to each their own.

• You know my answer, love.

• Quality obviously, the fact that I've never been to one date means I might be looking for a quality that doesn't exist or isn't available lol.

• I was given a piece of advise by a guy I was friends with that has stuck with me: "Why bother going through the stress of dating, if you don't see a future with them?" Which pretty much answers that question for me, I don't date people unless I seriously think that we can last. (Obviously I'm not looking for marriage ffs I'm sixteen)

• Quality. I'd date a guy with the intention of it developing into a long term relationship

• Quality is much more important. I'd be happier going on one really great date than I would 5 sucky ones lol

• Duh quality

• Quality. I'm looking for a marriage-able young man, I'm not looking to date around or hookup etc.

• I just like hanging out on the couch watching TV in our sweats and cuddling 😂😂

• Depended. I dated my first boyfriend cause I liked him and it was exciting although we were 13-14 and the relationship was mostly online. My 2nd boyfriend I was really into but wasn't ready for we dated off and on over 18 months were I kissed and fooled around with lots of people in between. Once I decided I needed to get out of that I entered a casual hookup relationship (5months) , then ended that when he wanted more waited a few months until my ex came back around with his stuff and then got into another casual relationship with another guy for 2 months. Broke that off when I decided it was time to move on when I was talking to a guy I was always interested in and I felt a spark and I knew that was it, I was done. My excame back and said everything I had wanted him too but I was already out and we became friends still are. The guy I felt the spark with (I was 16) ended up becoming my Husband years later. We now have been together for 13years, married for 9. If I agreed to date you it's because I couldn't see life without you other then that I liked it simple and fun.

• quality is more important for me

What Guys Said 14

• You date for marriage at 19?

I've never heard of anyone bragging about how many people they have dated because you would sound like a failure.

There really isn't a "kind" of dater. When you're young you need to date, without expectations, and hopefully meet lots of different people. When you get older that's when you should be thinking of settling down, and when you're financially stable you can start a family.

At this point in my life the next girl I date will be for the long run, I don't ever want to get married but the next girl will be my S/O for as long as possible.

I'm just curious as to how other people date. And yes I'm dating for marriage. I understand that I'm 19. I don't see why not. I can establish a strong foundation at my age.

Well maybe you're extraordinarily unique and can be looking for marriage, and be successful. You're only half the equation, what are the odds of finding the same in a girl at your age? Unless you like older women but then what are the odds that she will be looking to get married to a teenage boy? Instead of trying to find the one right away, maybe it's a good idea just to date and see how things go.

@Flurr Currently I'm in a relationship. We both want the same thing.

• Definitely quality, and I think that's a better dating strategy overall too. If you're dating then it's much better to just focus on one person at a time and really get to know them. But I know some people, mainly girls to be honest, like to date multiple guys at the same time and then they try to choose the guy they like the most. That just leads into shitty relationships.

• Quantity leads to quality.

• Most definitely quality

• yep i date by numbers... i figure once i find my ideal woman i may stick around or not.. im not sure yet

• Quality any day the of the week.

• I'm a virgin and I've never been with a woman, but, ideally, I'd prefer to go with the flow. You don't plan something like a "marriageable" partner. It's, literally, just supposed to happen.

Well my relationship proves that theory wrong. But I understand.

• Quality ober quantity every time

• Quality is better. Quantity is the result of our society's massification

• Quality. Unfortunately my ex wasn't up to par on that.

• Quality obviously

• Always quality

• Quantity.

• Quality