Would you date someone with a mental disorder? Like psychosis or Schizotypal /schizoaffective disorder?

Would you date someone with a paranoid or psychotic disorder?

• Yes
    12% (2)12% (1)12% (3)Vote
  • No
    44% (7)50% (4)46% (11)Vote
  • I would try
    38% (6)0% (0)25% (6)Vote
  • I'm not sure
    6% (1)38% (3)17% (4)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0
5|4

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I wouldn't.
    I wouldn't want to get myself involved with someone with whom I'd have to share in the mental disorder-related struggles, on top of how much stress I'd be under as it is, due to work/school-related things.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• Not being perfectly mentally healthy myself, I would definitely bash someone for having such a disorder. I would definitely give the relationship a shot, but I'm not sure how well I could cope with someone with a schizoaffective disorder.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I would be afraid that I would offend him or not make him happy enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would have even though they might be different in certain way they're still people who just want to have a normal life. some girls find them cute or adorable actually.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's very hard.
    I don't make a habit of it if I know somethig is wrong. Like on here, hard to handle too.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Umm no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends how severe it is, but chances are no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not. I don't want my throat slit while I'm sleeping

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

There is a huge difference between psychotic and sociopathic. A sociopath is more likely to kill you in your sleep whereas a psychotic or schizophrenic is more likely to wake you up on the middle of the night requesting comfort.