Is height in a guy a preference or a dealbreaker?

• Its an absolute dealbreaker
  • Its a dealbreaker unless he makes up for it somehow
  • Its a preference

Most Helpful Girl

• i am really bored of all height question in this site.
    i would say it basically
    IF
    SOMEBODY
    DONT
    LIKE
    YOU
    BECAUSE
    OF
    YOUR
    DAMN
    FCKING
    HEIGHT
    THAN
    SCREW
    HIM/HER
    IMMEDIATELLY
    AND
    FIND
    SOMEONE
    WHO
    DESERVES
    YOU
    ...
    As a short girl around 5'4, i PREFER short guys (under 5'8") but really really dont care.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a deal breaker for most women. Most women have a rule of not dating a guy shorter than them. The only way i can see around this is if the guy has LOTS of money or social status.

However, many women take it a step further and want a guy to be several inches taller than them like 6-7 inches. So a girl who is 5'9" isn't going to be satisfied or choose to date a guy who is 5'10" in her prime years. She will only consider a 6'3" guy as a potential mate.

What Girls Said 27

• I'm not sure if I would date a man shorter than me. I'm only 5'6" so most guys are taller than me.
    I definitely have a preference and it's 6'2"/6'3", anything between 5'9" to 6'5' I'm super happy. I miiiiiiight date someone 5'5" to 5'8" if they great but it's not a preference.

• I think it's a dealbreaker... I'm 5'2, I wouldn't date a guy or a girl shorter than me, I don't think. My boyfriend is 6'0 and he's a little taller than my preference and I think that I wouldn't date someone any taller than him.

• I like tall men but it's just a preference of course. Personality is more important and when it comes to looks I care the most about face.

• I don't think it's a deal breaker depends on the person, so I will say preference because I'm 4'11 and I remember having a crush on this guy that was 2 or 3 inches taller than me.

• Is height in a guy a preference or a dealbreaker?
    A. Its an absolute dealbreaker

Height is a factor of physical attraction to me so there is no way a guy can make it up for me unless he wants a kissless sexless relationship.

Wait what, are you sexually attracted to height, thats new? So you see tallness the same way guys see big boobs and big butt.
      Does that mean a guy like will ferell, who is 6'3 I believe, turns you on?

Minimum height for me is 5'10" aka average male height. My height is 5'6".

damn just missed it at 5'9

• I don't care much for a guy's height. I like them taller than me, but at 5'3, it's pretty much everyone :D

• If you're so shallow that you can't date a man who is consider short by societal standards then maybe you don't deserve a boyfriend.

• I picked deal breaker only because I can't take guys shorter than me seriously. But honestly its really hard to be shorter because I'm only just five-three.

• I love short guys and may actually prefer them. Me being taller usually bothers them though and I feel they would prefer a shorter woman by the way they act around them.

• I prefer taller guys, but no, it's not a dealbreaker.
    Am currently seeing someone who's the same height as me, in fact I might even be taller than him in heels, but I'm cool w it.

• It's neither, really. I'm really tall so many guys are close to my height or shorter.

• I prefer tall men. 6ft to 6'5.

media.giphy.com/media/KYNywoibU1PQ4/giphy.gif

• ı think it is preference

• If a guy isn't at least 10 cm taller than I am I don't really see potential for a relationship there. I don't want to date my baby brother.

lol by that logic a guy more than 10cm than you is your older brother, you want to date your older brother?

@bente 2

I get that and I don't think it's a problem if you're short. I just hate it when 170 cm tall women insist that a man must be at least an exact number of centimeters (like 10 or 15) taller than them or worse, short women who still want an objectively tall man, just for bragging rights.

@JohnDoe3000 I get when you're tall you don't want a short guy. It just looks weird. I agree with like girls of 5'0 saying they want a guy that's 6'0, that's ridiculous.

• Shorter than me is a deal breaker but mostly because I'm only 5'2" so anything taller than that is 👌

• I have had crushes on guys were were below 5'7"
    So I think it's not a dealbreaker

• I kinda prefer it when the guy is shorter than me. It's not a dealer breaker for me though but couldn't date a guy who was way taller than me.

• I'm 5'5 and I prefer guys 5'9"-6'5"

• I prefer guys 5ft8 and taller and I like never wear heels so could accept 5ft5 and taller. I don't think that's a big ask...

• I picked its a deal breaker unless he makes up for it somehow but I kind of want to take that back. I knew a guy who had a nice car, he was attractive and smart, but I couldn't get passed the fact that we were pretty much the same height. I'm 5'3 now but this was in high school so I was probably 5'2 and a half at the time. Anyway, I'm not sure all those things and a nice personality can make up for it...

If you were both in HS he probably grew a lot more than you did; most guys grow in height at least 2 years longer than girls.

I seriously doubt it because we were juniors. I'm sure he still wouldn't be considered tall or even average height for a male today. For a girl who is 4'11, his height most likely won't be a deal breaker at all and I'm sure that's the kind of girls he goes for. But I don't prefer "tall for my height" I just prefer tall lol.

• I prefer tall men. My boyfriend is 6ft 2

• I don't want guys who are more than a foot taller than I am. I'm fine with shorter guys though.

• I'm happy dating a guy the same height as me but any shorter than that I can't do.

how tall r u?

5"9, an inch or two shorter probably won't be much of a deal breaker but definitely no more than that

• I'm 5'6 (which is kinda t

• Preference

• I love a tall guy but it's probably just one of those dumb preferences we think we have until we meet someone we like. Making out with a tower isn't even that great tbh

• If he's under 5'5 it's a dealbreaker. If he's over, it's a preference.

What Guys Said 8

• on the internet bro, it's a deal breaker

in person, you alone make all the difference

• Generally they prefer men who are 6ft or taller, but in most cases, height doesn't become a deal breaker unless you are shorter than they are.

• Most women SAY they prefer a guy that is taller than themselves. In actuality, some will "bend the rules" for a guy that has other qualities. I'm 5'4" and have been told that I get glances from women taller than myself. Too bad I suck at flirting.

• It's usually only a deal-breaker if you're really short (below 5'5),

• 6'3 up in this bitch

• I find it to be horrible to put such a limit on either gender.

• If he's not tall, he better have an 8 inch dick.

• Seems to be a preference but I think if you were friends first for awhile, it may be overlooked later on and she may go for you