Subtle flirting with indicators or a direct and straightforward approach?

Which method would you prefer the opposite gender to take to show they are interested in you? And why did you pick that option?

Please avoid saying both :P

• Subtle flirting with indicators
  • Direct and straightforward
  • See results

Most Helpful Girl

• Flirting is fun , but if he wants me to know he's interested in me as a person, or wants to go on a date then he'd need to be direct and straight forward.

I'm useless at taking hints , and if a guy's flirting I just assume he's being friendly and is flirtatious with all girls , but just for fun 🙈😂

Most Helpful Guy

• Man, I'm a little disappointed at all the women who said direct and straight forward... The uncertainty from subtle flirting is part of the fun! Trying to read another person, judge their reactions to things said and done and ultimately figure them out is seriously one of the best things about the whole thing.

Maybe it's just me... but the subtle hints, purposely leaving the other person wondering and/or confused (or being left that way) for a short period of time... can be incredibly sexy.

I suppose it makes sense, though. Most guys out there are looking for the direct approach, so it's understandable that most women vote for that choice.

What Girls Said 17

• A combination of both. I'm going through this process right now, and it was a little backwards, but we were direct about both of us being interested, and now we're sort of subtly flirting with each other and getting to know each other more, to see if we're compatible etc.

• Direct and straight forward. So I know how to avoid it 😅

• You could not be direct and straightforward enough with me. I do not get subtle flirting. I always just assume people are being polite.
    Tbh even if a guy is incredibly straightforward I still might not believe him 🙈
    #shygirlproblems
    #clueless

• More direct.

• I don't mind both but I'm so blockheaded and naive that I wouldn't know it's flirting.

• I'd prefer him to be straightforward and direct

• Everyone should just be as straightforward as possible.

• I need someone to be direct with me because I'm terrible at picking up on subtle hints 😂

• Straight forward, I ain't always making the moves nor am i waiting forever

• Direct and straightforward is my personal preferred method, I dislike casual flirting.

• Tell me you like me. I don't like mind games

• Subtle flirting, a lot of smiling, sitting close to the person and "accidental" touches ;)

• I already posted something similar! I wonder this thought of staying reserved made me socially awkward! So i will go for straightforward thing...

• Subtle flirting with indicators... but those indicators should be clear. Guys who are too direct seem like they want to move too fast for my taste. I could be wrong, but I'm 20 and in college sooo.

• I prefer the more direct way.

• Well, i would try both. Since too straightforward would make them back off, usually. And leave them in the dark of puzzle seems coward so, ill do both.

• I know you said to avoid but... I think the best way is to subtly flirt until you get the green light then flip the switch to direct and straight forward... that's what I do.

What Guys Said 11

• I prefer subtle, it's more fun that way. Direct is sorta off putting because you feel more obliged to return it (even if you don't quite feel it).

• I like not-so-subtle flirting. So I guess somewhere in between.

• I would like direct and straightforward but with a sprinkling of subtlety.

• ok here is my question to your poll... does subtle flirting work at all?

• Straight to the point, no wishy-washy, beating around the bush nonsense. Tell me when you're interested or when you're not.

It would save so much time.

• Direct and straightforward no one likes that subtle shit.

• I can enjoy both, it depends on how the game is being played ;)

• What do you think? I'm not sure lol

• Subtle and gentle with indicators

• Direct and straight forward... saves time and effort and is ofcourse more affective

• Direct. I don't do well with hints. And even then, I probably won't believe it at first. Figure I'm being set up to be the butt of some kind of joke. Fuck my childhood.