How to deal with a huuuge, yet painfully unrealistic, crush on a coworker?

Aghhh, so the minute I met him I was afraid this would happen. Yep, I've somehow let myself develop a huge crush on a coworker, and have no idea how to deal with this. I think it might be mutual. He constantly flirts with me, and stares at me at work. It kind of makes it worse that he gives me so much attention, cause it makes it impossible for me to forget about him. It could really have a negative impact on my job (seriously...) if we acted on it, but being around someone you like, and you know likes you, but not being able to act is like torture. Have any of you ever dealt with a situation like this? How'd you get through it, or get over it? (I'm 17, he's 18 btw)

• Not worth the risk. Id move on.
  • I'd act on it, but keep it on the down low.
  • Screw my job. I'd act on it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Jobs will come and go, but if you really connect with someone, that's rare, and therefore more valuable.

Most Helpful Girl

• If there's a prize for rotten judgement... I'd guess you already one that. No man is worth the aggravation😂 That's ancient history: been there, done that.

What Guys Said 2

• i vote C for you to do, not me.

• I wouldn't. I let a co-worker know I liked her and it got all weird. Avoided each other, people asking if everybody was ok when we were together, it was awkward silences, hard to make eye contact, seemed like we were worst enemies. Blocked me online the whole 9 yards. Then overtime she started talking to me again like nothing bad ever happened

What Girls Said 1

• But I mean, it depends on the job too. If it's a good job with good pay, I wouldn't risk it. If you don't think it'd affect your job performance, I'd say go for it! In the end, go with your heart and what you feel is the best decision! :)