Is it possible to be friends if you still have feelings?

there's this girl whom i was friends with. I got feelings and we had a thing. It went bad and decided to just be friends. However i gained feelings again, is it possible to still be friends with her. Also she is aware i still have feelings for her.

1|0
3|4

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's impossible to "just be friends" with someone you have romantic feelings for , because romantic feelings are so much more powerful than the feelings you have for a friend. Eventually she will meet a guy and "watching" someone you care about loving someone else would be too emotionally painful and draining .

I guess if you want her to still be part of your life you would need to suppress you feelings for her.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You must end it as it is a toxic relationship. You two are on opposing sides in terms of romantic interest. The problem with that is the likelihood of one side changing to match the polarity of the other is slim. In other words, the odds of her changing and developing a romantic interest in you are equal to the odds you will change and be only interested in a platonic relationship with her. That is the part that gets forgotten in this unbalanced situations. Each side feels the desire for the other to make a change to match their polarity.

So with that in mind.. since you are in control of your own destiny.. you have to decide if you can simply switch "off" your romantic feelings and match her polarity, or walk away.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah as long as she doesn't try to make it weird (being that she knows).

0|0
    0|0
  • It's very possible actually even if people make it a big deal.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• NOO.. definitely not...

0|0
    0|0
  • It's possible if you're ok with torturing yourself every time you hang out with her, and every time she talks about her experiences with other men.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0