Does the person you like intimidate you? Is this why you can't express your feelings?

Guys and girls, if a woman is beautiful or a male has charm like no other, does this intimidate you bad enough to a point of never being able to express/discuss how you feel towards them? What could possibly be the meaning behind men liking a female, showing signs... but never being able to express this in person. They call a girl beautiful, treat her like a princess, show interest... yet nothing... why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd treat her the same as women I'm not as interested regardless of how much I like her. It also depends on where we're at. If I told a girl that I liked her early on, it might scare her off because we hardly know each other but if we've had at least 3-4 dates then I would.

I don't feel intimidated necessarily. If I get a girl that I think is gorgeous and we're a match then I'm thankful and just play it by ear. Only times I'd get worried is if there's actual signs of her acting hot and cold or flaky.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeeeess, I'm so awkward I just end up sounding really stuck up most of the time. For me, it's the negative thoughts that run through my head like, "he's waay out of my league" or "probably has heaps of pretty girls" and "I'm not attractive enough to be considered by him". I loose a lot of confidence and all I end up doing is just using my imagination without actually doing anything in real life haha.

What Guys Said 6

• A little bit. She's beautiful, smart, successful, kind, and so many men would be lucky to have her. But I express interest and make my feelings obvious.

When a guy really likes a girl, he's more likely to come on too fast and too heavy than the other way around.

• Negative. Intimidation = Beta. I'm actually alpha as fuck if you haven't noticed. It's sort of a thing here on gag.

• I don't do feelings well

• Fear of rejection? Fear of something..

• yes.

• Yes!!! We feel so insecure, and think highly of our crush so we can never get that courage.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, he did intimidate me. I felt like I wasn't good enough for him. I felt that he didn't like me and that he liked someone else.
    Oh well, I am not with him now anyway.

• He doesn't intimidate me, I just get nervous because I like him.