Have you ever rejected someone because you thought they deserved better?

I guess the question is in the title. Have you ever rejected someone because you thought they deserved better than what you could offer? Do you regret it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, if they are into you respect they know what they want.

What Guys Said 6

• No. I always have confidence in me. I don't believe in out of league crap.

• If someone told you that they are not good enough for you, you should listen to them. Usually it's a sign that they are having a hard time coping with the demands of adulthood. Most likely they are depressed. You can suggest some things that will help, but at the time they are telling you this they are not ready to be a good partner for anyone.

• No, I have high self esteem lol

• God no. Probably only women do that. I'm never scared of getting hurt. It doesn't really happen that way for men, I think...

• No. It doesn't get better than me.

• I have had several opportunities, both for casual sex, and relationships.
    Rejected every one.
    I don't have casual sex, and I don't offer a fucking thing that would make a relationship worthwhile for any woman.
    Upsetting, not regrettable.

Caring about whether the relationship is worthwhile for her is something to offer..

What Girls Said 15

• no but my ex did this too me. I think you are not supposed to tell your lover "go find someone else better." If they are with you, it's because they want you and no one else, who cares if there's someone better out there for this person? Enjoy the relation and don't overthink.

• I definitely tried to talk my ex into breaking up with me several times over the course of our relationship because of my depression. He always insisted that he would love me no matter what, until one day he didn't.

• I have, I have put them in a friend state because feel they deserved better for someone more than a friend. It did not go well for me, either he didn't want to see me as a friend either, he realized he didn't like me as much as he may have thought, or he for another reason just stopped being in my life as he was. I hope it works out better for you, showing our honest feelings is hard and can not give us the results we want but I wish we could all just be honest with each other.

• Sorta. Like a guy who I sincerely wasn't attracted to in the slightest (wouldn't even like a hug) asking me out. He was a fun friend, I could have just dated him for the sake of dating but I decided not to lead on people who obviously deserve someone who feels the same way about them.

• heck no. I've reject him bc I deserve better

• nope.

• No but because I feel I deserve better

• Nope, never

• Yes, but then he rejected me too because he felt that I was like a sister only.

• TBH no not really lol

• impossible I'm the best 😂

• All the time :-(

• yea I have and no I don't regret it, I mean I had a great time but they wanted something serious and I just wasn't up for it so I think it would have been unfair to keep seeing them and not being able to reciprocate

• Hah, I'm going through this right now. This guy is looking for "the one" and so am I but I recently came to the conclusion he's not my "one" and he did something that made me believe consciously or subconsciously he knows I'm not his "one," either. He wanted to continue seeing me casually (re: friends with benefits) but I broke it off. I still want to go back to him but I know it's better that we spend our energy finding the "one" than being stuck on each other.

• No I haven't