Girls, how long do you usually wait until having sex with a guy you're seeing?

You're looking for a serious relationship, and you meet a guy you like. How long would you wait until deciding to have sex with him? After date #___? After a certain number of weeks (or months, if you do wait that long)?

1mo I understand that you should have sex "whenever you feel like it." What I'm asking is: generally speaking, how soon does "whenever" happen for you, personally?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't really matter with the number of dates as long as it's not like the first 3 at least. And especially not the first. Relationships aren't all about sex although it is a big highlight of it. It just depends on his your guy's relationship is going so far and how spread apart the dates are etc. But there should never be text before the first 2 months pass, because then it shows that they might only be interested in having sex. If they truly care about you then your body should be sacred to them, hard to touch almost.

What Girls Said 22

• First boyfriend waited 2 1/2 months after we both said I love you and it felt real. It wasn't planned. We just wanted to be closer each date until we were ready. 2nd boyfriend I waited a month when we went on a weekend trip together. Third I waited 11 dates and that was very hard to do- we were friends for two years already. Just did it when the time was right and it was amazing.

• Committed relationship status.

• I wait to see what kind of person I am dealing with. It varried from guy to guy, because they are all different.

• At least 2 months

• After 4-5 dates I can usually tell if I want to take it that far.

• For me, after the first couple weeks maybe a month and numerous hang outs with each other and lots of interaction and we have established a relationship with a future forever together, I would say that is the time.

• I don't wait to have sex. I like to know how th eperson I'm seeing is in bed, because it's a super important aspect of a relationship for me. So second date probably, maybe even the first.

• Marriage, anything else is giving away your worth.

• Whenever it feels right.

• 3 dates though I have done it sooner.

• when it feels right

• Till marriage

• I say if he's consistent and treating you nice dinners etc... and you spoke about what you both are looking for, the 3rd or 4th date. I heard 3 is average #

• May be in 2-3 months

• Honestly I'd do it right away if I feel like it. Which means the first 'date' normally. I don't really go on dates with people. In my opinion you go on a date with someone you're already in a relationship with, not with someone to get to know them. But I guess that's just a cultural difference.

• 1 date

• At least two months and he also has to pass the prince charming test

• I think the 3rd date is best, although I've done it sooner if it felt right.

• Like 2 months in maybe. Depends on the guy and how we are together mainly.

• I decide it on the first date, it goes from never to 3 dates top lol

• I waited 4 months aha!

There's no need to rush it. Sometimes I need four months to decide if I really like and trust the guy.

• Whenever I feel like it. Sometimes it's best to do what you want without over thinking it

Just read your update. I'd say frequently