Could I be autistic?

I've always been very quiet and i can focus on things intensly, im really smart but i never had my rest peace of mind to figure out if i am really smart, im moving out soon at 24 but my dream is to become a teacher? Am i too late in figuring out who i am?

Most Helpful Guy

• You didn't repeat yourself once or run at me and hug me awkwardly without me knowing you so I'm going to give a thumbs down to being autistic...

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you are autistic... You can get tested, but I don't think autistic people really think about being autistic, or trying to figure out who they are. Most that I've met seem fairly content with themselves...

A lot of people have some symptoms that people with autism have, but that doesn't mean they are autistic. I get hyper focused too, and have a high IQ. I think about things very differently/ more in depth than a lot of people... but I am not autistic.

Autism is a spectrum... but I think it's because they haven't finished defining it yet—they don't fully know what it is. So honestly, most people could find a place if they looked hard enough. From what I've seen, people with autism struggle with external connections. They don't read people well; their senses are often WAY too acute, to the point it is overwhelming; social interactions are not innate. It's as if an entirely different world exists inside them.

I suck at being social and i dont get social cues, I've always been like that, its like i live in a different world

Then most of my friends are autistic, and I didn't know it... I think the reason I don't believed you're autistic is because you're asking... I don't think a lot of kids with autism think about being autistic... You could get tested.

What Guys Said 4

• We here can't know. Only a psychiatrist will know.

• as they say"ITS NEVER TOO LATE to MEND"

• no i dont think its ever to late you only get 1 life and sometimes these things take time nothing happens over night...

• ask a doctor

What Girls Said 1

• It's never too late and if you're that curious then you should go see a doctor and be tested to see if you do.

For me I have ADHD and Asperger's, with your description that doesn't really sound like it.