Have you ever been attracted to someone who no one else considers attractive?

I have like the biggest crush ever on this guy whose chubby, with a receding hairline, and is getting a bald spot on the top of his head (personally I suspect it's from how much he wears his damn hat. Even when he ain't working he wears a baseball cap and I've heard that just makes your hair fall right out when you wear it so often!)
He's in the mists of getting a double chin, and a crooked smile that most people consider unflattering. And I'll admit, at first I didn't give him any mind. He wasn't cute to me, and I had no romantic interest. However we were kinda forced to work together one day, and then we got to a point where we'd greet each other, and as I've gotten to know him more and more, he's freaking hilarious and a total man's man, and I could go on and on about how awesome he is.

But like, I don't know, it's like after getting to know him I've suddenly just felt PHYSICALLY attracted to him, even though like I pointed him out to a group of my friends (we're basically those giggling idiots who irritated everyone with their constant laughter during lunch in high school I guess), and I admitted to them that I thought he was cute, and they both made like this grossed out face and were like "Well if you think so..." And Like I said, before getting to know him, I would of totally been with them. Which is shallow. I know. But friends admit things like that to each other, though we'd never go and like broadcast it to everyone. This has never happened to me before. I've met unattractive guys before who were wonderful in personality but like I couldn't see myself ever wanting to kiss them. THIS GUY though, like when I have a sexual fantasy, I have NO problem picturing him in it, or my imaginary future.

Has anything like this ever happened to you other gagers? Is personality really key then?

• Yes it's happened to me
  • No it's not happened to me
  • Another answer that I'll share in opinions

Most Helpful Guy

• When I find out a girl is really smart she becomes way more attractive instantly and then guys think I'm crazy for thinking she's hot.

Most Helpful Girl

• Every time I date a guy everyone I know doesn't see him attractive, but I don't really care because of his personality

What Guys Said 8

• Yes I have done this, not with guys mind you, but with ladies nobody else would consider looking at. In fact I have even gone beyond just thinking about them. ;-)

• Can't say I have no.

• Not that I can remember.

• I pretty much have always dated girls out of my league. At least, in my adult life.

• I'm not sure how I would know how many people liked a person.

• yeah its very possible to find one feature really attractive, even complusive

• Ofcourse

• fuck no

What Girls Said 2

• My friends usually don't agree with my taste but no never liked someone ugly.

• Yeah.

More details : someone really smart, nice, genuine, etc. makes it up for an average appearance. Having brains is attractive.

You just click. And that's rare but it happens. And when I say having brains, I don't just mean a degree.

Yeah, you can have the highest of degrees and still be an idiot.