How to get over him? Should I get over him?

I've been friends with this guy for so many years. I've liked him for just as long. I never told him because I didn't think it'd go anywhere (we were in high school). I graduated and moved away. I didn't see him or hear about him for two years. I was finally able to move on and like other guys. I then transferred to a different university. He happened to transfer here too. He is now in one of my classes and sits by me. We are becoming really good friends. I've noticed though that I don't like any other guys now that I've become friends with him again. I don't know what to do. We are also probably going to the same graduate school (same majors). I don't want to avoid him as we are good friends. How do I get over him? Should I get over him?

1mo Damn it. I was hoping that wasn't the answer. Damnit. Catching feelings all over again. My stomach is in knots. What if it doesn't work? I've lost great friend. What if he doesn't like me? Damnit. I wanted to move on, so I could still have him as a friend.

Most Helpful Guy

• IT'S DESTINY !! You 2 are meant to be together. So many signs, don't just blow them off like that. See where it leads, this is like a movie romance plot right here! I'm serious!

It's like that show How I Met Your Mother
    cdn3.thr.com/.../...her_finale_yellow_umbrella.jpg

Look this is no time for doubts, I know it's easier said than done but you have to take charge. Don't worry about the consequences and go for it! You're thinking too much! You're a pretty girl, I'd be ecstatic if I were him!

If you don't you'll spend the rest of your years thinking about it, I'm pretty sure there was a question about I had read on G@G before. Me personally, I sit here regretting not pursuing a girl I had a crush on for 5 years. A crush for 5 years? I really think she was the first girl I had actually loved. I hate it so much, don't be like me. :(

I wish you the best! Play your cards right, make the right moves and you could have you a very bright and happy future with him if it's truly destiny. :)

Thank you! I see him tomorrow. Anxious to see how it goes!

Most Helpful Girl

• why exactly do you think you should get over him? Is he seeing another girl? If not, then no you should approach him not get over him. you were attracted to him for so many years now it's time to do something about it.

my boyfriend is my childhood friend. some of best relationships start as friendships.

Update: don't fear. it does hurt if he rejects you, I don't say that it doesn't. I am completely aware how much being rejected by a guy that you like for many years, hurts. and I'm not saying that there isn't any chance he rejects you. but if this friendship is giving you these feelings and affecting your mind so much, if you are thinking about him for years, then you may as well approach him.

aren't there any signs showing that he possibly likes you? if you decided to approach, try to find signs and see if he is a little bit interested before you tell him you like him.

on the whole, loving needs balls. if it's really your intention to have a partner at this point in your life, then be brave.

and actually, if you want to get over him, approaching may be a good way to get over him too. your mind will be freer.

Thank you so much for the advice!

you're welcome.

What Guys Said 2

• First you should tell him that you like him
    Then either something or nothing will happen
    If something happens then it's good
    If nothing happens then move on cause there are lots of fish in the sea

• If your seeing so many positive things in this situation why would you wanna get over him? i think you should just continue whats going on and see what happens you only live once...

What Girls Said 0