How do people ask other people out to go on dates?

Literally, HOW?

I do not intend to be pompous by saying this; however, I am currently a college student and am considered attractive -- I do overhear girls saying "he is cute" toward me pretty much every day.

The problem is that I literally have no experience with girls. When I was in middle school and high school, I was just too busy with my own life and had no luxury to look around. Now that I have a panting room, I want to be in the dating scene. The people around me, however, sound and look so experienced.

I don't know how to begin all this.

Most Helpful Girl

• " ... I literally have no experience with girls." Well that's literally problem #1. You just need to learn to mingle with people. Anybody can 'sound' experienced. But it doesn't mean that they ARE. Some of them I bet never had dated before and is still a virgin too. But one thing that they do have is the ability to COMMUNICATE. Even the socially awkward like myself know how to mingle and be around people, [EVEN the ones I don't like] at the end of the day. No matter if your a natural extrovert or an introvert. Shy or not shy. Also strike up some very good conversations with people that is around you. If your not good at doing so alone, its always good to do so with friends.

Though never pay attention to how 'cute' or 'hot' or 'handsome' they thing you are. Focus on the ones that seems to be genuinely interested in you. More of a person who can be your best friend and dating partner if there is some kind of chemistry there.

What Girls Said 9

• I would say yes to a guy if he were talking to me, and we were having a good convo (maybe 15-30 min), and he said, "Hey, you seem like a really cool person... Would you be interested in hanging out sometime? Maybe a cup of coffee?" I say 15-30 min because I want to believe he is asking me out for my personality, not just my looks alone.

If he asks too soon, I feel like he's judging on looks, and only wants to nail me.

• First off, I'd do it one at a time. As in asking another person. But just introduce yourself with a smile and ask if she'd like to get together sometime.

• If everyone says you are cute just go up to a girl you think is cute and start a conversation if you're as cute as you say you are a girl won't mind if you fumble a little because they will probably be a little nervous too. Just go for it literally ask her to do anything from go to the football game to dinner. Don't be afraid of no you ate in college there are lots of girls you will get the hang of it.

• I phone them up. "It's Jennie. Can you talk just now? Great! I met you in the Lion Bar in Glasgow, remember? ... The blonde without a brassiere, remember now? ... Yes, you did. I really liked it when you did that. Would you like to come on a date with me? You can do it again, promise, really slow and deep this time..."

• Just... DO IT...

• well you gotta like a person first. and then socialize with them. ask them about their life and stuff like that. and then if you feel they may like you you ask then if theyd like to go on a date and pray to god they say yes. if the date works out and you go on more. possibly on the 3rd date you ask them if theyd like to be a significant other. (based on what I've concluded)

• Find a girl you like, ask if she's single, if yes ask her on a date. If no, you can still hang out in case she has attractive friends.

• Just ask a girl if you can take her out to lunch or dinner and suggest movies as well.

• Just start a casual conversation with whoever you interested in and take it from there.
    Ask her out for coffee, dinner,,
    if you not sure of her feelings then you can ask her to study together, go running, grab a quick lunch, like something casual and light.

I don't know about the coffee thing. I've been so confused most of the times of coffee dates. I prefer dinner dates

What Guys Said 11

• You need to have a little preliminary conversation to judge whether the girl is interested. It doesn't matter what you talk about. If she focuses all of her attention on you and doesn't seem like she is in a hurry to move in to something else, then she is a good prospect for asking her out.

"Gee, it sounds like we have somethings in common and I'd like to spend more time with you. Would you let me take you out to dinner Friday night?"

It's really that simple. If she says "no," you just reply, "well, maybe another time," and you make a graceful exit. If she says "yes," ask her for her phone number and tell her you'll call her later in the week to firm up the plans.

• The key is framing. Frame the date inquiry as a suggestion, not a question. For instance, if you're talking about your mutual love for dogs, be like, "You should come to the park with me so we can toss around the frisbee with my dog." Once she agrees, be like, "nice, let me get your number, so we can set that up." The contact info, therefore, is a means to an end.

If she doesn't want to, then she's not interested. Have a "take it or leave it" demeanor, not a "I was just wondering if. . . "-type attitude.

EXACTLY how it is done, gentlemen. Listen to this guy👆🏻
      It is less pressure on us, and we are more likely to say yes. It even works reverse for girls who don't know how to ask a guy.

• Once upon a time I was you, except that I didn't consider myself attractive. So you are ahead of me. And forget about the people around you looking more experienced. Mostly they are not, and most of the girls are dying for some guy to notice them. The old song is true "There's a girl sitting next to you, and she is just waiting for something to do".

The first thing is to say hello to everyone you meet that you are likely to encounter again. This is everyone at your school. Ask their names, and ask again if you have to. People love to be greeted by name. Compliment people for any reason you can think of as long as it's sincere and not too personal. "Love your hair" is great. As simple as this sounds, it works.

Now comes the ask. No big deal. Just say "Hi Sara. How's it going? Would you like to get lunch sometime?" or "Would you like to go to... with me?" This only hurts for a little while, and then you realize it's easy. If they aren't interested, no problem. Be nice and who knows? They might change their mind.

If you are wondering how to date the really hot girls, it's really easy. You ask them.

• Step 1 relax and go say hi
    step 2 get to know her a bit, compliment the things that you like about her
    step 3 just ask her out even if it is to lunch on campus or coffee

The key is to not over think go on instinct. What to do what to say. If you think you will over think and most likely freeze up.

• If only all of us guys knew this answer then we wouldn't be in this situation 😂 I wish I could help but I am as stuck as you are in this situation lmao

• Little bit of bullshit conversing (ideally make it interesting), then ask for her number or on a date.

• It's a valid question and indeed a mystery to most men , I don't know the secrets myself so until you do I'd recommend just being blunt and saying "I'd like to go out on a date with you"

• hey, would you like to go **insert activity here*?

its not that hard

• "Hello. Are you free this Saturday? No? This Sunday? No? I'll be at your house at 5."

• Women's guide: Just stand/appear in the area of the guy you want to ask you out and hope he approaches you.

Guy's guide: Walk up to the girl you like and ask her out.

• Same bro. Except for the being attractive part...😅