Would it be weird if I asked a guy to reject me?

I really like this guy that I'm friends with. I can't get over him though, and I think the only way to get over him is to be rejected by him. I want to be friends with him still. Would it be weird to just tell him that I have feelings for him and that I need him to reject me so I could get over him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is weird! Maybe he wanted to be more than just friends with you for a long time, and now when you tell him about your feelings you will give him the green ligt to go further with your relationship. Let him decide, but how could he reject a beautiful girl like you ;)

Thanks. I'm just too much in my own head.

i remember a situation close to yours from my high school years. I was friends with a girl called Diana. She was smart, funny, emotional, loving and beautiful , but i have never seen her more than just friends. I have not seen the little thinks that pointed that she liked me more than a friend - the look on her face when she looked at me, the way she touched my hair, always stay close to me, hug me, always asking for my opinion. I looked at the other girls searching for the right one, but the right one was right in front of me. If she had told me about her feelings we probably would had been more than friends. After school years finished she found a guy and our friendship got cold. She moved to another city and i never heared about her again. Sometimes when i sleep i dream about her, but she is far away now. What i want to tell you is don't miss the chances in your life.

Thanks for the advice. I'll seriously take it to heart. I just need to "woman up" and tell him.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• Asking for his rejection still puts you in control, which isn't true rejection. I'd think this wouldn't work because in true rejection, there is a sense of despair, which is what forces us to accept it and heal. This probably woudn't give you that sense of despair or the healing you seek

Damn. You are right. Now what? lol

That's a good question. I haven't found a good solution to being friends with someone I have feelings for apart from distancing myself until they get married or something. Then that despair kicks in, and I can no longer view them as a potential partner. Of course, that's not useful if they're single and still eligible. Best wishes

• It's pretty weird. Also would it even help you get over him? Because you know you only were rejected because you requested it to happen so it's not like a real rejection.

So much truth. But what do I do to get over him?

What if he decides he doesn't want to be friends after you ask him to reject you?

I feel like he would still be okay with being friends if I told him that I just need rejection for the feelings to leave. I don't know. I want this guy in my life as a friend or more. Maybe I should just stay silent and bottle it all back up.

• Why do you want to get over him instead of getting into a relationship with him? Is he taken or something? Doesn't make sense to me.

He is single. I don't know if he would even consider me more than a friend. I've never dated a guy that I have been friends with before.

Good luck! Hope it works out! :)

• 😂😂😂
    Seriously?
    And what if he likes you too?

• Yeah that is lol

What Girls Said 0