Is it weird that i'm attracted to intelligence?

This is actually something i discovered around the end of my senior year of highschool. There was this girl in my class who was average looking but she was amazingly smart. She was the Top student in the class and she would get every question right whenever she was asked. I know it sounds weird but i found it kind of sexy. I can't really explain why... but it's definitely attractive to me when a girl is intelligent and can have a conversation about a variety of things, and can make me rethink about what i thought i already knew. Anyways it got to the point where i imagined having sex with her. It got really weird when i was around her. i don't really like her exactly... but she's smart as hell and for some reason i'm attracted to that.

Most Helpful Girl

• That is actually a thing!, and is called sapiosexuality, which means attraction to intelligence... you should read about it, you would be surprised...
    Diana Rabb, a Ph. D. in transpersonal psychology once said:
    “The brain is the largest sex organ. Those who admit to being sapiosexual will say that they are turned on by the brain and tend to be teased or excited by the insights of another person. As foreplay, the sapiosexual person may crave philosophical, political or psychological discussions because this turns [him or her] on.”

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 13

• No, that's not weird at all. A lot of people find intelligence to be an attractive quality in a potential partner. :)

• Hmm... I guess it's not "weird," to say, just more kinky. I mean, I personally haven't heard people saying in specific that they find intelligence sexy, but I've read articles on how intelligence is a sort of natural draw. It's in our human stuff. Lol. That's how we've evolved into the intelligent beings that we are. I mean, let's say that there's a caveman with two cave woman. The first woman is rolling around on the ground being weird, the second is picking specific plants that are edible. Which one would he choose? Probably the one displaying the intelligence. Then the brain developed etc after breeding etc blah blah blah stuff. But it's just kinda in your instincts to think that it's attractive, you know? Also it's simply intriguing in its own way. Kinda alluring to talk to people and have your mind changed about things like you said.

• Intelligence is definitely attractive!!! I'm currently dating a guy who first caught my eye by building winning a bridge building contest in uni. He smashed the previous weight record and I was so impressed by it I actually started to feel attracted to him. Obviously he has many other awesome traits but that display of intelligence and competence was how I noticed him.

• I'm attracted to every single one of my male Teacher under the age of 60 Lmao... You get the picture hahah

• I'm attracted to intelligent men like you are for women. Pre-med student though, so I'm turned on when a guy can talk about medicine and sciences or just deeper conversation about life.

• It's not weird at all. Sounds like you're a sapiosexual, which is someone sexually attracted to intelligence.

• Not at all.

• Why would that be weird

• Seems normal

• I'm pretty sure everyone is... nobody wants to date a rock

• Not at all. Its uncommon, because most people now in days just want sex.

• Haha poor thing

• I don't understand how that's weird.

What Guys Said 5

• No, it's not weird.

• A very plain girl can become very hot in my eyes when I find out she's smart. Even her physical appearance becomes a lot better and I find her to be cute and sexy even though everyone else is like "uhhh? she's really meh"

• 0|0
  • Nope not weird at all, most people are attracted at least some what to intelligence.

• Thats the normalest thing in the world