How fast have YOU said "I love you"?

i know it depends on the person you're with and feelings and such. And not every one couple is the same.

#askingforafriend 😂
#committedlinky

3141

Most Helpful Guy

• Never gotten to that point as I've never had a relationship. I once jokingly said it in my head when this girl put on one of my favorite bands and had us make out to it, but I'd never say I love you or reveal my feelings early on as I don't wanna scare them off.

Most Helpful Girl

• told a guy i've never dated that i loved him (knew him through my cousin cause he was his best friend). i knew him for 5 years and even till this day i still have feelings for him. i literally walked up to him after the bus stop. he stared and looked at me with wide eyes. the second time i told him, he told me, "love is a strong word, don't use it so loosely." i mean't it but he kept saying stuff like we have nothing incommon, i got the memo he didn't want me or to even try.

note: this story is a shout out to the guys on gag and everywhere else who say women don't initiate or never experienced being turned down.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 40

• I have said it (and felt it) after 3-4 months of dating. Other times, it is usually 6-8 months. (I have been in love 6 times in 61 years.)

• My fiancé told me on our second date that I would fall in love with her. I told her right then that I knew she was right.

• I've said it once to a long-term and very close friend before we ever dated (but had slept together). 10 astranged years later she drunkenly called me asking if I still loved her, no, and I haven't heard from her since.
    I knew I loved my previous girlfriend within a few weeks of dating her (we had been 'friend dating' for months) but I never said it as I felt it was too soon and might scare her off. She left me a little bit later so I never did tell her.

• fastest i said it would be with my now wife. she said it to me after about 2-3 weeks of dating. i think i said it about a month into dating her

• I am a "Heart on my sleeve" type person but also a bit of analytical type person who believes in being totally honest so I wouldn't say it unless I actually meant it, was absolutely sure so the actual saying it probably post dates the first feelings - I think earliest I have said it is between the 6 months and 1 year window.
    In reality each person is different, if it feels good (right) for them say it. I would never be frightened by someone being open with me about how they felt.

• I've said it 1 month after the girl confessed she liked me. It was a year ago though. Boy did I regret it.

• never said it yet linky

• Wow, it only took me 6yrs to say I Love You just to my friend who I've been friends with. Me telling a girl I Love You... ohhhh jeeeeeeezzzzz!

• I'm single but I'm quite certain it would be at least 2 to 3 weeks, rather more.
    You first need to start to know each other, it's the personalities that must match :D

• Not fast anything less than eight months is puppy love

• I don't now, a couple of weeks maybe?

• i say it all the time
    my job is to love everyone
    if they don't love me back okay ill keep my distance

• Love? Years probably...

• I said I love you a couple seconds after look at my self in the mirror this morning, so I'll go with a couple of seconds.

• Not very fast, just when I genuinely feel it and I feel it's the right time to tell her.

• First time you fuck.

• usually takes just under two seconds but if you talk really fast im sure you can get it down to under a second

• I say it all the time real easy like. Why be stingy with it? I'll tell it to anyone who needs to hear it. Doesn't hurt me any.

• A few weeks at least.

• It takes me months lol

• Asking for a friend 😂😂😂😂 good one Jamie

• I go from hate to love Immediately. As soon as my alarm clock goes off on a Friday.

• I've said ignore as my opening line before

• it takes some time for me to say that

• I've only said that to one person other than family
    it was my best friend, who was a guy.
    i think it was his birthday or something when i first said it

• 3 years was the earliest.

• i never said that, my ex said it first

• from the beginning, from the first time you do sexual stuff.

• Never said them. Never heard them.

• I have not uttered those words. I've only heard them... and then I run!

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 30

• well it depends.

I have only said that once to a dude I love and meant it. He turned out to be a major player. I guess I said it when I felt comfortable around the person and I was sure I wanted to be with them for the rest of my life. Then again, I was naive so.. I don't know

• I only said it to my current boyfriend, after like 5 months. I never said it first though, it takes time for me to develop feelings like that. A guy I used to date told me like after 2 weeks. I don't understand how one can develop such a strong emotion in a time this short

• I wanted to say it to my boyfriend on our 3rd month, but I waited because I didn't want to freak him out, but I was happy when he said it first and he was nervous as well.

• But we have been friends before we started dating so I thought it will be okay to say it but I was still nervous though.

• years.. iand when i did I said it when he was not listening--- like in the song ;p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix8H1QXeU2M

• I don't say I love you usually.
    I try to say it to my mum when she is going to work in the morning, but I have a hard time saying it without pretending I am busy, or without looking away.
    It is just awkward for me.
    Maybe I will be able to say it freely in the future... lolzzz 😆😅😆

• My boyfriend and I told each other like the first night we hung out. It just felt weird not saying I loved him before bed..

• Oh man like within a couple of months.. Maybe 3 months? Can't remember

• I don't remember.

• Too fast linky... too darn fast.

#emotional

• Ihave never said it to anyone I was dating before

• i have never said it first even when it's said to me i saw it months later

• lmfao nevaaa

• I never say it. I show it. Talk is cheap.

• I've never said it first, always the guy.

• It was when we had our first fight only one week or so after we started dating. he understood soon that he hurt my feelings and apologetically asked me if I love him, then I said "I do". After that it became much easier for me to say I love you directly :)

• Years

• I'm not in love so I won't say it. It's been four months.

• When I say I love you to someone I mean it honestly and when the moment right

• Never said it first. Took one guy a year and I didn't believe him

• I've never said that.

• I've never said it

• Me either til last night 😅

• Yeah... we both went with "scary" instead of cool lol

• Scary in the coolest way possible 😏😂 hahah

• Within 3 months... I

• 3 months in.

• I have only said it once. Not just one person, but once... I was with him for 1,5 years and after one year I told him I loved him and never said it agian... Don't know why, but I never felt like doing it again...

• I said it after 3 months, he said it after 21.

• It took me 6 months

• 1-2 months

• about 3 weeks. We both said it and we're still together and in love 😊

• Once this guy fucked me so good I said I love you and I didn't even loved him it was my pussy talking, anyways, after a week or so lmao #killme

• Never me first.
    It seems to be the other guy which is why I get cold feet many times.