Does going on a date during daytime increase the chances of being friendzoned?

I read it somewhere that a man shouldn't go on daytime dates before he has kissed the girl if he doesn't want her to friendzone him.

How true is this?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the girl and how she truly feels about the guy that she is with. Like this site, it is all based on opinions. So whoever wrote what you read spoke of his/her opinion on the subject. That's not a stonehard fact. So if a guy wants to go on a daytime date before he kisses a girl, by all means let him. It is then up to him or the girl to decide whether to continue on with the dates or to be friends.

However, while I say this; the guy always needs to make sure the girl he's asks out knows that it is in fact a date, otherwise...

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that suggesting a daytime date with a shy girl increases the odds of her accepting your offer, but after that first lunch date, you should shift to evening dates. At that point, staying with daytime dates may increase your odds of being friendzoned.

What Girls Said 19

• If she drinks alcohol whenever she goes out at night (and doesn't drink during the day, lol) -- AND if yr plan is to get cozy with her while she's a little bit tipsy -- *then* this advice has some currency to it.

If she's going to be sober either way, this advice is complete, utter, and unadulterated bullshit.

• No, that is a load of crap and you need to stop reading up that garbage. There is no such thing as the friend zone. If she sees that your not the type of person she needs in a relationship long term for whatever reason, then your not for her. The whole point of dating before becoming official is process and elimination. You have to qualify. The next step in dating relationship officially is fostering and discovering other ares about the person that can either lead to marriage or a break up. The key thing is ask critical questions.

For an example. Say I'm friends with somebody who watches porn, and believes in premarital sex, and I knew this because he just so happens to tell me or I hear it from one of our friends. And he asked me out or to be his girlfriend. My answer would have been an automatic no. Why? Because those things I just listed are my absolute deal breaker because if I date, its for marriage. I don't need a husband who is not a changed man if he did do those things and who believes in what I don't believe in.

So take that as in example. Its possible that day and night time correlates to timing and wither or not she is already attracted to you. But to strictly say you will get regretted as 'just friend's' during the day is absurd. Just because its over 50% of a chance it does. It does not mean 100% fact.

You have a point, but a question tho - why speciffically marriage? Why not cohabitation?

@ThisDudeHere

Because I will not live with somebody who I'm not legally married to. Cohabitation also leads to temptation of having premarital sex and you develop a false sense of security about marriage life. It's playing house. If you can live together. You can get married. There is NO excuse. Because either way, you will have no choice but to live together in the same roof. When you love each other, the flaws doesn't mean. Only selfish people choose to do that and complain about a person, but have no problem using them. What you were before marriage, you take in marriage. Marriage is not the same as living together. Its a bigger step. Mature people know this. Immature people don't.

doesn't matter.*

And statistics have shown and proven over time again that premarital sex and cohabitation before marriage increases one's risk of a divorce. No way. I'm not stupid. Plus the whole point if I was to date is to get married. And if that person does not want that, then our relationship must cease.

www.leaderu.com/critical/cohabitation-socio.html

• I think it comes down to the girl's feeling about the guy in the first place. I've hung out during the daytime with someone I am interested in and someone I'm not. The first guy hangout was a spontaneous trip to an amusement park in the rain. The second guy hangout was going to a basketball game he was coaching of the under 12's. I got into both days, and really got into the game but it could easily have gone either way. If I was interested in the second guy it would have been a great date instead of a fun day in which I didn't really have to talk to him, if I wasn't interested in the first it could have been a terrible day. In terms of sex, a day date is a lot less likely to result in a kiss let alone sex. But if you want to really get to know someone on a date, a day date is great.

• I don't think so... The guy I was with for a while.. we started hanging out more in daytime only🙈
    Bottom line is, if she wants to friend zone you, she will whether or not you date in daytime

• Huh... Never thought about this but it could hold some truth. Since during the day is a more friendly and fun approach to a relationship. The night is deemed a bit more daring etc. It just depends on what you do and what type of person you are. If you go to an amusement park during the day vs lunch those are two completely different things. The lunch might be considered a bit more friendly and the amusement park would be deemed as more flirty.

• was it in a cheesy Ryan Reynolds comedy?

static.rogerebert.com/.../...gIkyqDIiLZ20qRgoi.jpg
    No I don't think so. I just think you should make it clear it's a date and not two friends hanging out. You could kiss her but don't take it as rejection if she doesn't want to kiss at a first date

• haha not unless you're really ugly bc u know... bright light... 😂

• No, but if I went out during the day with a guy, it does kinda tell me that he's just getting to know me on a friend level, not really a nice date at night.

But it really depends on the date. I went on a date during the day. We talked at a coffee shop, then ordered hot chocolates and went for a hike and then went back to my apartment and hung out. It was fun, but I felt like that was something I'd do with my bff, not a guy.

• Ummm not true

• Kinda true
    Depends

• Absolutely not. If anything, they're preferred. At least in my opinion anyways. I like to be in bed by 10. So if I have the afternoon off, I don't see why I should waste it.

• What? If you are to be friendzoned, you won't be going on ANY date in the first place.

• I love day dates I'm always to tired at night

• Yeah I'd say that pretty accurate

• It's kind of true for me I'm afraid. Evening dates are more romantic somehow, even just a quiet drink somewhere - and more likely you will get a kiss!

Daytime dates feel a bit awkward unless you've seen someone a few times already, maybe wait til the 4th or 5th date.

• That is ridiculous.

• No... But do you know what does? The fear of it.

• No, that's why so many do brunch or meet on their lunch breaks. If he knows how to flirt, how to make it feel like a date instead of friends hanging out, and knows how to talk to women generally, there's no problem. If he's gonna get friend zoned, he's gonna get friend zoned. Meeting her at 8pm instead of 4pm won't change that.

• Not true at all, if a girl is not into you like in a romantic way she will friendzone you no matter what

What Guys Said 23

• I begg of you to not read others experience and take it to heart. That girl who does that was never into him in the first place. No, you over thinking it will. Let it flow homie. As long as your fun to be around with you can't go wrong. Remember to smile a lot. Good luck!

lol I asked the question out of curiosity, not like I'm going on a date any time soon -__-

But an upvote for being supportive ;D

Yay! Can I get a cookie too?

• It's pretty true!!! It's not that it's an automatic placer into the friendzone if you go on the date in the daytime, it's just that girls associate daytime dates like coffe and lunch as a friendly outing and it increases the chance of being friendzone.

As where if you're going out for drinks or dinner, girls associate this more with "oh this is a date" and it increase your chances or making a move or having some sort of physical contact take place.

It's sort of a wordplay thing "lunch" and "coffee" scream friendly outing, and "dinner" and "drinks" screams date. If interest level is high, you can afford to go in either and turn the tides into your favor 😎, but if interest level is low, well you might want to go on that date NIGHT and skip the lunch, savvy 😏.

It's so easy to be friend zone mate. Every action or inaction has some sort of cause and effect. You just have to really be able to read signs, moments and interest level. You slip up with "SOME" people and they'll frienzone you into the darkest depths with no chance of return. Good luck in your future dates, whenever they occur bro😎.

• Makes perfect sense. Day time activities are so casual, like family ordinated, kids, and safety galore. Chicks dig danger. They assioate danger with passion, sex, adventure. Do you want her to think of late night romance when she thinks of you, or after school specials?

• not necessarily. it can certainly make a date seem less date like but i think it all depends on the expectations and communications of those on the date.

• I never heard that before - I would have thought the chances of the date not working and being friendzoned remain constant no matter the type of date - If during the date you get on better as friends maybe it was meant to be a friendship, you can't make someone fall for you.

• i think that's bullshit. but a daytime date by request strikes me as a bit weak. You should be calling the shots and interesting enough to ask for a night time date. Not ease up to it with daytime stuff, coffee, etc. Go to the park... the next day after you slept with her. THEN you can romance her. But to ask for a daytime date is almost like asking her not to go out with you, ya know? It wreaks of insecurity to me. "Um you wanna go golfing?" or some shit? NOPE, do that stuff AFTER you make a date about you and her. So ya I do think if by daytime you mean "move slow" the slower you move, the quicker it comes to a stop in most cases. Now if you really make friends with her-that's different, you can always work slowly if you value her as a friend first. And by "slowly" i mean 1-2 months

If I were to value her as a friend, I wouldn't be taking her out in the first place.

• 95% bullshit, 5% truth.

• I don't agree. If the click is there I'm certain it doesn't matter at what time of the day the date takes place :D
    Well... maybe don't date in the morning when you have a hangover from the previous night haha :-(

• The idea is daytime dates are more likely not to lead to sex.. so yes, friendzone.

• No, the causal relation is the other way around: if she's placed you in the friendzone, or is leaning that way, she's more likely to want to hang out with you during daytime than at night.

• I would think so yes. When you have a date set at night you set away free time cuz that date coukd be short or it could last hours. If you set it in the day it may feel rushed cuz you have other things to do after it.

• I don't think it makes sense.

• Dat logic doe 😂

• Shit I never thought about it too much, but yeah all my past day dates ended in being friendzoned or ignored except for one girl that took shit waaaaay too slow for my liking so i stopped seeing her.

• Yes, i think day time dates would give me impression the girl is for real
    not always necessary friendzoning.

• Only between 2:01 and 2:07.

• That makes no sense at all and there is no basis for that.

It actually does. You see if you don't make your attention known fast, many women will categories you into either "provider" category or "lover". Guys who escalate things sexually to sex quick get placed in the lover category. Lovers may not get a LTR, but they have a lower chance of being friendzoned and getting for the very least friends with benefits, and short term relationship.

While a male who drags his feet and does not escalate fast will be placed in the "provider" category. Girls might either friendzone and use him as a back up for later in life or they might consider him boyfriend material and not have sex with him as quickly as men in the past. For the later they'll put on the act of being prude and holding off on sex, so you don't think less of them and some of the sexual acts they did with other men they might not do with you for fear of being judge again.

Night dates are more effective than day dates because women will be more socially accepting of having alcohol, at night and going to places that serve it like bars, night clubs etc. Alcohol causes women to loosen up and want to have sex with you more as compare to when their sober.

On a day date a woman is less likely to want to go and get drunk or bed you during the day.

• Not true, it's actually better early in the morning. You're more focused when you go in the morning. There's a lot more to do than just drink in a bar and eat.

Depending on your lifestyles!

• I see no correlation between that. Then again, most of my dates have been at night.

• Its bullshit in my opinon

• As a male you need to escalate to sex quick to get her to see you as the lover. If you don't u risk being friendzone.

Night game increases your chances of bedding her because alcohol tends to loosen women up. and more women are open to social drinking at night than day.

So yeah. Focus on night dates and fucking her as soon as possible before considering dates in the day.

• Garbage

• Nah sometimes you can't logistically do a night one. Don't worry about that. I mean of course you want to mix it up, and meet at different times. Daytime gives you more time too.

If a girl is friend zoning simply on that basis, she doesn't deserve you mate.