Did I lose my best friend completely? Please help?

Over the past two years, I became best friends with two guys. Guy 1, had liked me in the past, asked me out (I said no) but we still got really close. Guy 2 I began to have feelings for. Over the summer, guy 2 and I ended up sleeping together. I became overly attached. When guy 2 left for school, he was close to all I talked about. Guy 1 ended up getting upset by this, calling me out on it. He told me that this was making him not want to hang out with me anymore. Guy 1 also had no idea that guy 2 and I slept together. There was obvious flirtation, but we kept everything quiet. When guy 1 became mad at me, I decided to tell him everything. I was done keeping secrets. We went to dinner, talked about it, and I thought we had a good time. However, a few days later he texted me saying that he wanted space. He said he had a lot he wanted to say, but he didn't want it to be out if anger or frustration. He said that he has a lot going on and doesn't have the time or energy to deal with this right now and that he'all talk to me when he is ready. I'm worried that things will never be the same again. Am I getting too worried about our friendship? I'm worried that he will want to cut ties with me completely

What Guys Said 2

• When you have a really good friendship, its hard.

He needs to grow up though. Your not liking him is no more malicious than his liking you. He can't control how he feels on that subject, and he shouldn't expect you to either.

Friends can be difficult because you can be soooo close in every other way. My best female friend and I talk for hours, like 4 to 8 every time we see each other. We lose track or time and nothing else matters. More than talking we are engaged in the conversation and are both present in the moment when ever we are together. We have both talked about how hard that is to find in anyone and that it sucks that we may never find that in a partner, but we are just friends and that is all we will ever be.

• The problem is that "Guy 1" never got over you, he put himself in the friend zone waiting for a chance for you to change your mind and get feelings.

So I don't know if you've lost him as your best friend but you should do what he asked and give him space.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should just give him space. It's quite possible that he no longer wants to be friends with you since he never really got over you.