Why is he always distant/withdrawn when he's about to leave?

My and my boyfriend have been dating for about a year and i really like him, but we have both been pretty busy lately and sometimes he has to leave mine early, which is fine, but i get sad when he leaves because sometimes we won't see each other for a few days and i miss him. He says he misses me too and its not that i dont believe him but sometimes when he needs to leave he seems withdrawn/distant, like more quiet if that makes sense, even if we were laughing and joking 10-15 minutes prior. Sometimes he also forgets to say, or just doesn't say goodbye to me. I just want to know why he suddenly becomes distant when he is about to leave. I would of course ask him but its just really awkward. I know you guys dont know for sure but any ideas or suggestions as to why? Thanks.

1mo Also should mention when we are together we get along great and are really affectionate, its just when he's leaving.

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds to me like he is sad your time together is over and is getting upset over the time you will be apart.

This is not something to worry about. Worry if he gets excited to leave or always wants to cut your time together short.

• I don't know asking him is awkward. That's the only way you'll know

What Girls Said 1

• He's hiding something. Something that he is not telling you personally and emotionally. He is going through something that he has not told you, and its stressing him. I suggest that the next time you see him, have him come over, and have a real serious talk with him. Because he needs to be 100% honest with you if something is indeed bothering him. Men tend to have this habit and ego about not showing emotional weakness in front of a woman. Break that habit. Because if he can't show honesty with you, then there is no relationship to stand on no matter how good and loving a person is. It just doesn't work like that.