Would you be bothered if you started dating a girl who sometimes mentions her ex-boyfriend?

I started dating a new guy now, 6 months after me and my ex broke up. We were together for 3 years. I don't have feelings for him anymore, it's just that we were together for so long and when I talk with my new guy and if he says something that remembered me of my ex i sometimes mention it to him. It doesn't meen anything, it's just a memory.

Is he bothered by that?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the context. Like if it's a neutral statement like saying my ex was in some sort of field for work as an example is one thing.

But if they're complaining or comparing you to their ex then it's a red flag because obviously they aren't over them.

Heck dating anyone who's newly single makes me weary because even if they don't talk or complain about their ex, they can still act hot and cold and aren't sure what they want. I've had that happen recently and it felt like I was walking on eggshells with them till it ended, and it ended badly.

It's more stressful than fun because just them acting hot and cold alone constantly makes you wander where you stand with the person and how they truly feel about you.

• 9d

Thanks for most helpful guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No, Look at the end of the day you spent a lot of time with your ex and you have a lot of memories. Nothing wrong with that.

What Guys Said 7

• It would not bother me.. but I would say to her ASAP.. I am with you now.. he is not, and I hope that would end that

• Best thing to do is ask him.

If it's not a constant thing, it wouldn't bother me.

But if every time I bring up a subject the ex comes up, then it's an issue.

Depends on the guy. Be careful. I'm not bothered by it. If it's a lot it can be a bother. As if you're not over him. Can bother a guy if it's a lot. Next time you want to mention him don't. Really try hard not to. Real ate whatever it is about your ex to this guy instead. Stay away from the topic.

• Yeah i would think she isn't over him yet.

• I imagine that would be annoying for some guys.

• Probably.

• I'd drop them or ghost asap altogether, if they keep bringing them up habitually. I don't want to be a sucker and become somebody else's rebound.

• Talking about your exes either bothers men, or they don't give a single fuck. Either way we don't wanna hear that.

What Girls Said 0