How many weeks of dating until you were official with your significant other?

thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Does not exactly have a limit , its when you feel that it's time so I would say a couple months at least

Most Helpful Girl

• It was about two weeks, or four dates. Felt fast to me, but also he was going out of town for work for at least a month, so I think he wanted to lock me down haha
    It was cute though. He said to me "so, I don't really know how here things are supposed to work in adult relationships, but would you be my official steady?"
    Adorbs. And here we are perfectly happy seven months later.

What Guys Said 7

• I think it's a months thing. Knowing a person requires a lot, so... that's the main objective to know the other, really know the other.

• You have to ASK if you're official. It's verbal contract. You have to agree not to see other people. Making it official cannot be one sided.

• With my ex it was about two months.

• Usually a few months

• Never happend

• Zero. Got engaged and THAT was it.

• 38 or so.

What Girls Said 13

• I was never really aware that dating was a thing in England like it is elsewhere so even when we were 15, we were still official right from the beginning.

• We were friends before but when we finally talked about us liking each other it took about a week or two before he started calling me his girlfriend.

• Lmao I can't believe I'm saying this because I've never done it but... I'm currently dating a guy officially after spending a couple days with him🙈.

• Two or so months - and I firmly believe that a conversation regarding being exclusive has to happen before it's "official" so everyone is on the same page. There is no blanket amount of time that everyone knows so have the talk

• Never had that conversation. Probably should have.

• I've been dating the same dude for almost 2 years and we still haven't officially said we are each other's partner although we don't see anyone else.

Everyone has their own time.

• Had an 11 hours date... he was really really excited. Called me Sunday morning asked something really silly... Together right away...

Ex boyfriend. Same, after one date together. he just wanted all my free time.

• We started talking for 2 weeks and then we had our first date and then the next date was the next day and we made it officially.

• I'd say usually a month would tell you

• Two weeks maybe. Known him for 6 years, went on like two dates and decided to make it official.

• 2-3 weeks for me

• About 1-2

• almost a full month.