Should I try to kiss her

Im going to prom with a girl that I've know and liked for a long time. We are good friends but we are going to different schools next year so we will rarely see each other ever again. My question is should I try to kiss her and if so then when. Also if I do try to kiss her but she ONLY sees my as a friend, is there any way to get past that and act like it never happened so that the rest of the night won't be REALLY awkward

Most Helpful Guy

• Easy question! Yes! This is going to sound really cliché but this is your chance. If she accepted your invitation to prom then there is some chance that she may like you as well. My best advice is to let it happen, don't try, and don't resist. I went through prom and I can tell you that if its going to happen there's no way you can stop it.

Secondly, don't worry about the aftermath, prom for a lot of people (going to college or not) is the end of an entire lifestyle take that chance to make a big impact before it's over. Imagine it as though you're going to die tomorrow. Just be safe. If you're friends you'll find out during the kiss, if you're not just friends make the most of it while you can.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes you should try to kiss her, but near the end of the night so if it doesn't work out it won't be so awkward, as HaggardDiva said - go into it slowly. And I would say ignore Deja when he says you've already screwed up, I know a couple who were just good friends for AGES because both were too scared/shy to do anything that could ruin an awesome friendship. It was so good when they finally got together! :) So yeah, go for it.

• First of all don't try to kiss her right away. Because it will be hard to get over that by the end of the night if she didn't want it. Feel it out. And go into it slowly when you finally do, that way she will probably pull away more gently and it won't be as awkward in the end. Well good luck with the situation.

What Guys Said 2

• Just get really blazed that's what I'm gonna do ; )

• Don't kiss her. You already screwed up by being her friend. You fell into the trap and it's going to be hard to get out. Chances are she really does see you as a friend.