How do you know when you've moved past the friend stage and should just start dating?

So I have a guy friend. He's single. I'm single. I like him. I don't know if he likes me. Everyone just kind of assumes we're together. My friends keep asking if we're together, my ex boyfriend thinks we're together, and his friends think we're together. Anyways we just made up after some weird rough patch today and so I was walking him to the gym for track practice. He asked for a hug, and at first I thought nothing of it cause he's a hugger, but this hug lingered and his hands were around like my lower back almost on my butt. I don't know if he was just trying to show off for his track buddies or something but it was nice. Then one of his track buddies approached and told us that we were the best looking couple in school, but neither of us denied it cause the guy just kept talking and started making jokes about being single. I've liked him for a while, and we would probably make a great couple, but I'm not sure if he likes me but I'm leaning towards yes. So how do you know if and when you should take the next step and just start dating?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• OMG! I was in the same exact situation with my current boyfriend before we started dating! It was kinda an awkward transition for sure, but I found that having my best friend also be my boyfriend is absolutely amazing. I started by going out on "dates", which was basically where we hung out "as friends", but just us two. Then it kinda progressed to where EVERYONE including our parents thought we were dating. Then I admitted to liking him while we were on one of our "dates" and he said he liked me back. We kinda just became official after that and we've been together for 8 months now.
    So I don't really know how much time you guys spend together, but I would suggest increasing it. It sounds like you like this guy a lot, so either you'll have to man up and tell him, or he will eventually do the same. Best of luck! I hope it works out for ya!

Ok so dates. I got it thanks

• He likes you. Go for it girl!