Do all guys only want hookup and sex and do guys actually have real feelings?

I don't mean this question to be offensive but it seems like now a days all guys want are only sex and hookups snd nothing else and that's not what I want at all. I actually want to date someone and want a relationship but now a days that's very rare to find. So do guys only want hookups and do they have real feelings like do they ever actually like Someone for more than there body and looks. I have s feeling all the good ones may be taken becsixe I see s lot of people or even some of customers who seem to be in a very happy nice relationship where the guy seems to be good. TBH I'm starting to give up on dating too, maybe it's for the best

Most Helpful Guy

• Younger guys are more about sex. They don't want to be tied down. But yes, of course we have real feelings (we hide it a lot better than women because we're programmed to). Take a break from dating for a while but don't give up. There are lots of guys in the world (you haven't met them all so therefore they ALL aren't taken) and you'll find someone eventually.

Most Helpful Girl

• Kay... When you shop at a shitty shoe place all the time. You're only going to have that one experience with shoes and you're going to characterize all shoes as shitty. Which is not the case. There are some great shoes out in the world.

Same thing with men. There are some great men and some shitty men. You have to be selective and go to the right places to meet the right men.

This so much! The right men exist, they aren't even that rare, but you can't expect to find them in the bad boy store, so OP might have to change her shopping habits.

@JohnDoe3000 this is very true! I wouldn't be dissuade by the bad Apples in the world. There are some great men in the world. Just need to be a little bit selective and have healthy expectations. This goes for men too!

That's not a real apology -_-

#StillTriggered

What Guys Said 26

• Men have emotions. Men do NOT have the emotions of a woman. For a man to be with a woman, he usually is forced to be emotional along with you. He must make you feel emotions so that you can be happy. To force men to feel emotions on the level of a woman... it's like you're trying to kill us. Now I know what you're thinking "omfg men have no emotions this is such bullshit!" No, that's not it. Men are men, and if you don't like that men do not feel emotions on the level of women, then you better turn lesbian. Women want men to make them feel emotions, men want sex. It's the same equivalent and in both cases men must be very skilled to make both of these things good for you. But men don't want to do all this work, do all this emotional navigation for you, just like you don't want to give out sex. Does this make any sense to you? I doubt it because you're a woman and you think emotions are the end all be all of the universe, but that's not how men work. So when you get into a relationship with a guy, you are taxing his mind body soul and emotional "space." Its fucking hard to deal with all that, and all we wanna do is have sex with you and all of that shit is released for us. But no we are all sex hungry pigs because women don't understand men, and men don't understand women. It's a sad state of affairs.

I get what you're trying to say and trust me I don't have a lot of emotions either the way you describe it for several reasons in fact I prefer to be an emotionless person till that person shows they're emotional and even then in general I'm not too emotional. "It's ducking hard to deal with when all we wanna do is have sex with you" you just admitted that guys only what sex lol lol which is fine if they're honest and straight up about it

• Actually young lady, I can explain your quandary. The men you feel physically attracted to and the men who make good husbands are two different types of men. You have to learn to start judging your potential mates with other factors in mind than satisfying your base, animal lusts. You have to learn that the tall, handsome, socially gifted men that all women rate so highly don't necessarily rate YOU highly enough to marry you, but they'll bang you until someone new comes along. You say you're giving up on dating? Why don't you try giving up on your current dating pool?

• Girls are just as likely to want to hookup as guys.
    It's all about the market. If there's more chances to hookup, it's likely that more people will want to just hookup.

That being said, there's obviously guys that do want a relationship.
    Also, only wanting to hookup doesn't mean you don't have real feelings.

• No guys have no feelings what so ever. They never feel anything. But in the real world, men being human beings as well as women (something that is conviently ignored by you, women, and society) do in fact feel. So the real question is why men are suddenly unfeeling monsters that treat women ever so poorly but rather why men, who historically have sweated for women, bleed for women, fought for women and died for women have suddenly decided women are not worth it. That's the question. And to answer that women treat men like shit. See women don't need men, but men are still expected to need women. Women are strong and independent, and men are evil oppressive monsters. Women don't need men and are not here to please men but men are here to please women to give their hard earned money to women while kowtowing to them (I cannot tell you how many times I see men doing everything for women only to be treated like shit, to see a husband being reprimanded and scolded like a child by his wife). The fact is men don't want to be in relationships because its lose lose situation for them. Women do not give men anything but demand everything. Men pay for the dates, but what do women do? Women want men to be there traditional selves (all the while insulting them and mistreating them while doing so) while they are free to do as they please. He pays for the date and he is sexist, he doesn't pay he is a cheap asshole, but in both situations he is still expected to pay because its his job because he is male to do so. He asks a woman out and she isn't interested then he is a creep at best at worse he gets accused of sexual assault or harassment. Now lets say he finally gets to the point where they are married, well he is told he isn't doing anything and she is doing everything (despite the fact that statistics show that men technically do more then women (its a slight difference but their is a difference)) so he never gets recognition for any of his hard work, he provides for her and she is in no way obligated to reciprocate (originally he provided food shelter and protection and she maintained the home and provided sex and emotional support now women don't do any of that because she is "independent"). Then of course eventually their comes a time when she becomes unhappy in the relationship at which point she divorces him instead of trying to work things out, hence almost 80% of all divorces being filed by women. Then you wonder why men don't want relationships?

The fact is men do want relationships, they have always wanted them but women no longer are willing to give as they get, its become one sided, then just getting into a relationship women have insane standards (most likely because society tells women how perfect they are and how worthless men are) that most men can't compete with on top of which the actual attempt of getting a date is very hard since again, if they ask and she isn't interested she will just rip him apart and that's the best scenario. If you want a relationship you need to show men that your not going to exploit them, that your not going to accuse them of something or try and destroy their reputations. That means your going to have to do the approaching but probably after you get to know the guy because as it currently stands its simply to risky for men, why do all of that when so many women are willing to have sex for nearly free? Its simply not worth the risk for most guys.

Women do accuse men of being creepy all the time, its quite common. Its not something men complain about all the time because it has no merit. But it makes approaching and dating needlessly painful for men ergo they do not want to do it, its easier to simply hook up have sex and be on your way, no risk really its cheap and you don't get treated like shit. Its not that the man only wants sex, its that he wants sex and a relationship but women exploit men and treat them like shit in relationships, while with sex you have to suffer less, so since you can't have the relationship they settle for sex.

Men do want relationships, any man who says he doesn't is probably lying or has had such terrible experiences that they do not want to risk a relationship again. So what you need to do isn't approach a guy, you need to get to know them you need to let them know that your not going to exploit them, your not going to turn on them your not going to destroy them, that you want a relationship and that you will make that relationship worth it to them. That means getting to know them and yes its going to take time and its not going to yield results immediatley and yes it will potentially result in them not wanting a relationship because it may destroy the friendship but considering that all other options have been ruined, its the best option you have. Men want relationships, I want one my friends wanted one and got them, its not a rarity, its just not a beneficial thing to men anymore.

• There are still guys out there who want a real relationship. It's just the hook ups and casual sex are much more prevalent due to the ease of access thanks to technology

• It really depends there is really a few guys who like you for who you are and not your body. I will be honest with you most guys just want to try and bust a nut that's a huge amount of guys i know. But some guys actually want to have a greater relationship then just making love. I would say about 75% of guys want to hookup and the other 25% want a stable relationship.

• Believe it or not, they/we/whatever do actually exist. You're probably looking in the wrong places or not looking hard enough.

• Some guys do have real feelings, but only for girls who are worth getting their heart.

• The girl I'm crushing on and starting to date, I'm not trying to hookup with her. She's not just give it to me, and I appreciate that. Shows she has class.

Lol well guys like that are hard to find too lol becsixe I mean I'm s virgin so I've never done anything sexual before because I don't wanna do it with just anyone and when I refuse to have sex with guys that I'm "talking to" or just started to date they would ignore me and never talk to me again

Also, men take a lot of patience. Especially younger men. You have to know how to spot potential, capture it, and nurture it into something great. Lots of smart women have made their husbands successful men. It's really all on you to pick them wisely.

Well, you're lucky to have those men not in your life. They'll cause more grief then good.

• Well I have feelings, lots of feelings.
    But here's the thing:
    I ask out 20 girls, get rejected 19 times. Get into a relationship. Six months later it dissolves. Massive waste of time/money/effort.
    OR
    I message 4 girls on Tinder, 1 agrees to hook up. Effortless. Not expected to pay for anything. Rinse and repeat.

Which one do you think I'm going to choose?

Okay but who said you had to spend a lot of money in relationships, I personally think you shouldn't even spend a lot of money and that shouldn't be an issue when it comes to date they should take turns paying or they should split the bill and stuff or why not go on dates that don't require money. Like with me and my ex for most of our dates we just went on a Nice walk and chilled at parks and went to most places that don't require money well sure here and there we went out for lunch at pizza pizza or a fast food place which doesn't cost a lot and we paid for our own stuff and well everything went well. So yeah money shouldn't be an issue

Your views are not the general public's views unfortunately.

• Most guys yeah, only a small percentage are decent enough to want to pursue something more.

• We have no souls. It's the only logical conclusion.

• We are all cold blooded with a frozen heart most men think with the there heads between the legs and not the head between there shoulders

• Nope. I want a relationship before sex. I've always been that way.

• I would like a real relationship I just can't seem to find a girl.

• "I don't mean this question to be offensive"

*Proceeds to say something that anyone with the capacity to feel would find offensive*

Fuckin winning.

• The men you say you want are literally everywhere, so maybe it's you who is only going after the wrong kind of men.

I don't go after the wrong men as long as I'm a bit attracted to the guy I'll give everyone a chance in getting to know them

• I once had feelings, op. Then I farted and realized it was gas. The only time I feel anything for a chick is when I see a big booty ho walk by and my dick swells and feels swole.

• if anything, guys have more feelings than girls

if anything there are more good guys available than bad boys, because all the girls go for bad boys, this site is a pretty good example that there is a large pool of them

• If a girl doesn't make her self available to a guy than she
    wouldn't have to worry about hook ups and sex , learn to
    tell a guy no and don't make your self available to him.

I don't hook up or have sex with any girl. never did and never plan to do so.

• No, some of us aren't disgusting

• I got one don't want to have sex. Overrated waste of time.

• Guys have feelings too!

Girls just seem to pick the wrong guys :(

• Depends on my mood

• Yes, but over time we become hardened to it because many women treat us like shit. For every girl that breaks us, it becomes a lot harder for us to develop feelings.

Not all women tho

True but same goes for girls too where guys would treat us like shit or they'd cheat or they'd pretend to like us then later on in the relationship you find out they're using you for sex

That's true too, and it's a terrible cycle

• Men who want a relationship are not hard to find. If you can't find one, you're looking in the wrong places.

I'm looking for one mostly online dating apps and pretty much everywhere lol

@JohnDoe3000 true, I'm guessing those guys are like that in real life too tho lol

Yes but in real life you would be more forgiving in giving other guys a chance because they're funny or charming or don't have slick pictures. Dating apps are almost exclusively about looks and they will make you very picky because they create the illusion of near infinite choice.

What Girls Said 4

• I know the feeling. I feel the same way but don't give up hope. Not all guys are like that and I have met a few good guys in my life. I thought I'd never find a guy like him but I did. They're just rare to find.

• All you can hope is that the ones who are all about hookups die out eventually, and the world is full of guys who treat women right, and women who treat men right, and children who respect their parents, try their best in everything, everyone is successful...
    Well, just hope that the hooker-uppers die out. The rest is basically a utopia.

• These guys do exist you have to be patient

• Yeah, trust. Most of my closest friends are guys, they're the chillest, most fun, most generous, kind when they wanna be guys. Not all of em are bad, the same can be said for girls it's just that girls tend to want affection and guys tend to want sex.