" Is there a such thing as really bad luck in dating?

I've been told i'm a great guy and have a good personality. I'm someone who's very goal oriented. I'm currently working to get my bachelor's degree and will be going into a credential program to become a teacher. I also work in retail to pay for my school. I also go to the gym to work on myself. I'm not needy when it comes to talking to girls, but for some reason I can't get those girls to go out with me. Do I have bad luck or am I going for the wrong type of girls?

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like I have bad luck too in dating. It sucks. All my friends were lucky, they found someone right away. My one friend she was with a guy for like 10 years, they broke up and a month later she already has a boyfriend. I've been single for over a year and I can barely get dates. I'm at the point now where I am just trying to be realistic and try to make a good life for myself. If I find someone, great. But if not then I guess at least I will have a nice life.

I work hard and have a job. I have a car, and I am a nice person with many good qualities. I've been told I would be a great wife and mom. But I'm worried I'll never get the chance. Most of my friends are married and on their 4th kid.

I literally have people asking me if I am engaged and it's embarrassing. I hate having to tell them that I am actually single.

Guys never approach me, and the only ones who seem interested are guys who have just recently divorced, separated or have several kids and are in serious debt. I worry that I'll get used by them.

I've many a huge serious effort for years to try and find someone and I am still trying. But I'm just more focused on myself right now. Perhaps that's what you need to do too. I'm sure you will find someone. You are younger than me so you have more time.

That's crazy how were are both in the same situation. I hope you find someone. You seem like a nice person.

Thanks you too!! :)

• 13d

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Last I remember, you were using a much more victimizing undertone You don't do that anymore. Good work!

Now, persistence is your next goal.

Yeah I've been working on myself lately, but i still have trouble getting dates.

What Girls Said 3

• Sure there is! At least for me.

• No there isn't, you time just hasn't come yet. ;)

• Wrong type of girls lol. Their is no bad luck in dating only bad choices in partners.

What Guys Said 3

• luck does not come in to it so you obviously need to change something if you can't be patient. dont know you so no idea what that thing is

• Luck is what you made it out to be

• it's been the wrong group of girls maybe you have to redefine on what your truly looking for