How do you define love? How /when did you realise you had fallen for your partner?

My boyfriend has been mentioning this topic quite often recently. Like I'll say something and his response would be 'I thought you were going to confess your love to me' this happened twice. Then another time he said he didn't think I would tell him if I loved him first which is probably true. I know I have deep feelings for him and love him as a person however at this point in time I wouldn't say I'm in love.

Most Helpful Girl

• For me, love is that undeniable and unmistakable feeling of fluttering in your chest when you're in their presence. You can never be truly upset at them because you really and truly love them. You're always happy being around them. Even if you're simply thinking about them you can't help but smile because you love them. You'll often see little things that remind you of them because they're always in your mind. That's just my personal definition and observations about what love is! :)

What Guys Said 4

• It is a bit of a cliché but it is love when you feel it - The time comes when you want to say to somebody you love them - There is no big sign or checklist to be ticked off, you just want to say it.

• I realize it when I find myself putting her needs over mine.

• love is like a dog.
    you run towards it, it runs away
    you run from it, it runs towards you..

• My brain did all the paperwork.

What Girls Said 2

• I realised I loved my ex a long time ago. I just knew. I can't explain it, I just knew I'd never felt the same about anyone else before. It's a shame because he didn't feel at all the same as me and never will. Much like all the other love in my life, it's unrequited.

• When he's someone I want to share the rest of my life with.

Love is about sacrifices, compromises and taking eachs feelings and needs into consideration