Guys, Is it important to you whether a girl you are dating finds your Attractive?

It baffles me that there seems to be a disconnect with a lot of girls in their interpretation on the importance of attraction with the opposite gender.

My view:
Body + Personality = Ideal

A Lot of Girls View:
Personality + At least average looking

To girls, they would feel insecure and not feel very confident if they are in a relationship with a guy that said to her "I don't find you very attractive but I love your personality". Girls WANT guys to be physically attracted to her and mentally.

But... why is it that it seems girls can't grasp that the same is true in reverse. I have noticed many girls not compliment their boyfriends physically or make them feel confident about their looks. But would complement their personality and they expect them to feel confident

I personally lose attraction to a girl that would only lack 1. just my personality or just my looks.

• Yes, I wouldn't be happy if a girl only liked 1 of the 2 things of personality and looks
  • No, I would be fine if she was only mentally attracted to me, i don't need her to find me physically attractive
  • I don't care about either, as long as she is hot and dating me
  • Other
1mo yeah, i'm just curious for a general idea.

i have met girls that were physically and mentally attracted to me. I was physically attracted to them but they lacked a brain so i lost an interest.

Alternatively, i have also met girls that i was physically attracted to. I find out they only like me mentally (whereas lots of other girls are physically attracted to me) and i lose attraction to them because i don't feel confident

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know what you're talking about. I think every guy I've dated is attractive

you don't understand the question?

Companion does not necessarily mean lover though. Companion could just mean i don't want to feel alone but i really don't find you that physically attractive.

@RustlingJimmies well that's not what I'm looking for. I'm not going to marry a man I'm not physically attracted to

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. Frequency of sex in relationship is determine by how physically attractive a woman finds you. Seeing women are gatekeepers of sex they determine the tempo for how much sex a man will have access to.

Now, a woman who likes you but for other reason and has very little sexual attraction for you may initially put out a lot to reel you in but once she believes she has acquired said resources from you agreeing to commit to her then sex stops or dries up severely and only given out to keep you from having thoughts of leaving her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o1tGuc8fYo

1. Female and not the male determine all the conditions of the family.
    2. Where the female can derive no such benefits from associating with a male , no such association will take place.
    3. Past benefits provided by the male does not provide for future or continued association. Meaning if you were useful tool to her in the past but she sees no usefulness in you now then your past action bears no weight in her wanting to stay with you in the future if she is deriving no benefits from you at that time.
    4. Any agreement in which a male provides a current benefit in return for promise of future association is null and void as soon as the male has provided that benefit.
    5. A promise of future benefit has limited influence on current/future association. With the influence inversely proportional to the length of time until the benefit will be given and directly proportional to the degree to which the female trust the male (which is not likely).

If a woman major interest in you stems from anything other than sexual attraction then if she believes she now has full access to those resources then she has no inclination to give sex.

Women use sex as a tool and all relationships are transaction. Always remember that.

yeah, i tend to look at other women a lot more when i realise that she isn't physically attracted to me also

What Girls Said 1

• I think everyone would like to be considered attractive by their boyfriend/girlfreind.

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah, it's important.

• C is the only sound answer here!

• Why would she date you if she didn't find you attractive, unless she was a gold digger?

Because many women could be with guys for several reasons:

1. Stable lifestyle. Many women see a guy has qualities to make a good husband/father/nice job and go for him because they believe he can provide a stable life for them and their current/future offspring. This is not to say the woman in question is a dead beat but she now prioritizing stability over physical attraction.

There attraction for him comes from what he can do for her and not necessarily from being really physically attracted to him.

2. Not wanting to be alone. Many women after 30's fear they might end up alone or their options have gone down and start latching onto men they don't really find that attractive but who are alright. This is what we call the 30's power flip with women dropping the standards gradually that they had in their 20's.

3. Gold diggers - Many woman can stomach being with a guy they physically find repulsive if he has lots of money.

• If she doesn't like you, you're wasting time

yeah, i'm just curious for a general idea. i have met girls that were physically and mentally attracted to me. I was physically attracted to them but they lacked a brain so i lost an interest.

• Yeah I agree. I think it's disrespectful if anyone doesn't think highly of the other partner.

I'd want both and I'd hope right minded girls would agree with us!

Can u help me out on a question about women and sex?