Should the man always pay for dates?

Should women never pay?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe in paying. I don't think it's a "should" thing though, it's just what I choose to do.

What Girls Said 13

• No men should not be expected to always pay for dates. First dates is more of a sticky area in my mind though. Here is my opinion:
    1. If a women asks a man out she should at least pay for her half
    2. If the women has significantly more money she should at least pay for her side
    3. If the guy asks the girl out and she made extra effort to look nice and its the first date then I think the guy should think about paying for her part IF her share is less then 20$ and he can afford it.
    4. Any date beyond the first date women should pay for her share unless planned otherwise.
    5. If no extra effort was made by the female to look nice then she should pay for her half.

The reason why I think that guys should pay in part 3 is because it costs time and money for girls to look as nice as they do. From shaving everything, plucking eyebrows, wearing make-up, styling hair, and removing unwanted facial hair and also buying all those products to use. Overall it takes a lot more time, effort, and money for us to prepare for a date and I think on the first date both sides should contribute equally to the date if possible.

• Nope, technically I feel it's really unfair. After all, we're preaching so much on equality. Personally, I take turns with the guy. Sometimes he pay and sometimes I pay. When it's his birthday, I'll treat, when it's mine, he'll pay. I don't see a need to make one person pay it all or split it equally. Whatever makes two people comfortable and whatever floats your boat :)

• No that's totally subjective , some men actually enjoy it and some men dont. just like some women like it when i guy pays for everything some women dont. So no all men shouldn't have to always pay for everything I personally think it should be 60/40 lol
    But thats because i personally like the feeling of being treated by a man, but like doing it as well ;)
    Thats fir me personally i dont believe in "should"
    It "should" be whatever the couple choices and is most comfortable with.

• Y'all should split. #equality

• Not at all! That isn't fair to the guy! He can pay at first to be a gentleman, but after that it should be like 50/50 :)

• No. I hate women that think they should

• I always go to dates assuming I will pay for myself. If the guy offers to pay, I don't refuse, but I would never expect him to.

• it should be split

• of course , shows you that you been raised to be a gentlemen
    first time you should

• No not necessarily

• Men should ALWAYS pay they are supposed to be the protectors and providers. Smh.

Really! So what planet do you come from?

More*

Hag. Anyways
      Byeee

:) ...

• I think most gender expectations are silly. Guys don't have to pay for days. Just like girls don't have to shave their legs.

• until we're in a relationship if he asked me out then he should pay. I've never paid for a date I was asked to go on and no one has ever asked me to

And just what do you give in return, other than your selfish self.

Obviously you've not read my profile, if indeed you can actually read that is.

no I can't read. you're right. but regardless u have low standards. "hey girl, I wanna take you on a date & out for drinks. but I'm a loser broke guy who's gonna stick you with the bill. because you're a low class girl who allows that."

What Guys Said 11

• If she expects you to pay, she's a gold digger. Only girls think like that... I recommend dating women.

• If rich women and poor guy
    poor guy can not follow women where she want to go.
    If a woman really love a guy, she will pay for it.

• If i had money, i would glady do it most of the times. But im not...
    Man pays the first ones... then it rotates...

implying there will always be a second date.

@anonman32 Yeah true... but we have to be positive :D
      But i would pay the first ones with pleasure.

• if she's worth it or i know iam getting something i will pay and be a gentleman, however if i feel she is just getting a free meal i will do my best to avoid buying her anything.

• Nah, if he is broke-ass foo' D;

• always? no

• No. Equality and all that.

• it should be split

• no, traditionalism is overrated.

• No Women want equality let her pay for a change.

• I mean personally I think it's nice to pay for a sweet girl.

I hear mixed things that women give sex to those who don't pay. But I think that is pua rubbish. If you don't offer to pay, I don't see how that equates to her dropping her pants down lol.

I don't think it should be expected he pay (unless women are expected to give first date sex irrespective of being comfortable with him). But I think it's a nice gesture that genuinely good guys would do.

The player guys are the ones who don't pay to get a woman "invested" and supposedly she sleeps with him like pornstar on night one. Oh and then the women say those guys are more honest lol and wonder why those guys don't call them back lol!

Can u help me out on a question about women? www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2149531-do-women-let-some-men-get-away-with-more-see-description-first