What is the appeal to being with more than one person at a time?

Most Helpful Guy

• More than one vagina.

UNlike women we are not generally programmed to be monogamous, we do it because of social pressures and expectations, but having just one vagina is not our nature and women don't understand that because you are wired differently. Which leads women to shaming us for those traits which are simply natural for us.

But, when women do want more than one person at a time, it is generally because they crave attention (usually stemming from daddy issues and not feeling "loved" by a father figure in their youth.)

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're talking about casual dating, then I would say the appeal is being able to get to know a few different people and figure out if there's a spark with any one of them.

If you're talking about full on relationships, well I'm against cheating so I don't really get the appeal either. I guess the idea is that you get different things from different people? Like maybe one you have a strong emotional connection/support and the other is a more physical relationship. But if you're serious about dating someone then I think if you don't feel fully fulfilled with them, you shouldn't be with them. You shouldn't need to date a 2nd person because you should get it all from the 1st.

What Guys Said 16

• What is better? One silce of strawberry cake or a slice of chocolate and vanilla, as well? That's the concept. I bet you practice it in myriad ways in your life. Well, most guys and some very few women want to practice it with multiple people, too. Even if guys lie and say they don't in order to try to appeal to women, because they're not so sure they can even get one and therefore must appeal to traditional female morality.

Point being: you understand the concept entirely.

You probably do this with semi-literally everything. You have one pair of shoes? You only want one pet? You only want one type of your favorite food? Only one kind of friend? So the real difference for you is that you simply don't want it with people, only with sex. The real question is why do you do it with everything else but not sex?

The answer is eggs, by the way.

• -- variety
    -- perhaps you get different things from different relationships/people

i'm a monogamist but those are two reasons i could think of

• define "being with"

• I personally don't see appeal of it

• I guess cause that person doesn't know what they want or just isn't satisfied with one person.

• My guess is somehow lays underneath their insecurities.

• Some people need constant attention and excitement in their lives. Some people have no self-control and act like pigs at an all you can eat buffet.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

• Depends. Some people are naturally polyamorist. Or some just want lots of variety and not commitment. There's also the appeal of the unknown.

• I have no idea.

• There's only one way to find out...

• vanity?

• Zero

• news flash: guys want to fuck a lot of girls.

I know. Im asking what the appeal is

males and female mammals have different reproductive strategies. the best reproductive strategy for a male is to impregnate as many females as possible.

don't blame us. blame millions of years of natural selection.

• Not something I'm into looking for

• Don't know what they want. Or keep their options open in case the person flakes or they don't like the person.

I multi date until exclusivity is mentioned because from my experience, putting all my eggs in one basket and focusing on one person, no matter how much of a match we are, has led to severe disappointment when it didn't work out.

• its alpha

What Girls Said 6

• for an extended period of time or just until you figure out who you connect better with? If its just dating multiple guys, I would find thst confusing and not very satisfying

• I don't know why some people are like that I guess they get bored easily or one person can't handle them so they feel like they need more people to give them that sort of attention or sometimes they're just a slutty and like going around for fun.

• Because of boredom. If you have the same routine everyday you'll eventually get bored and venture out a bit, right? That's what I used to think. I always said I'd never get married because I could never just want and be happy with one man for the rest of my life. I'd surely get bored after a while. My longest relationship was 3 months. And then I met my boyfriend. And suddenly it all made sense. How someone can be with one person forever and be perfectly happy. I get it but I don't get it.

• Depends on the situation I guess... Im a fan

• Saving a bit of time

• It's fun