Is it possible to have zero power of attraction?

I'm a 24 year old girl and never been in a relationship. I've always avoided this because I thought it would be useless for me, especially knowing that most people are just wasting their time and pretend to love each other. Right now I'm at a stage wear I would want to have someone in my life, someone I'd would love forever.
But I got zero power of attraction! Like not even a pair of eyes would turn in my direction. It's as if I don't even exist! I've been depressed since I've hit puberty and hated myself since being a toddler.
So don't tell me to get self-esteem or confidence because it never existed in me. I won't pretend that my life is awesome and lie to myself saying that I'm pretty or anything. I can tell I'm not too ugly even tho I tell my self otherwise and I have a personality that a lot of people appreciate. A lot of coworkers and friends (obviously) and even people on the internet really like to talk to me, laugh with me. They also immediately feel that I'm trustworthy enough to tell me about their personal issues. But what they don't know is that I deeply hate myself and want to die. My friends always ask me if I've met someone yet. I get embarrassed... I always tell them no not this time with a fake smile. I suffer from it. I feel so alone. Yet, it seems so easy for them to have someone.
I know a lot of guys like who I am but that's just it. It's like I got a personality that guys want for friends and not for love. I'm just a ''Bro'' for them. So now I'm just trying to figure out a way to survive alone without love and I'll try to accept my life this way while probably wishing to not live for more than two years. The only look of interest I got were creepy good looking guys staring at me the wrong way. :(

Most Helpful Guy

• your problem is simple its something that a lot of girls suffer from , you're waiting... waiting for a great, good looking guy to find you and dont get me wrong nothing is wrong about that, but guys are... how do i put this... if you dont show him you're interested he will not be, you can be the hottest girl in the world but as long as you're not eyeing guys, smiling at them and making them feel that you want them to approach you it will not happen, you need to check a guy out, eye him from a far, hold eye contact and smile, act like you want to get approached, if you wait and do nothing it will not happen you gotta invest in, even if its as little as eyeing a guy and smiling.

I agree with you but at the same time would a guy really appreciate that I would approach him? Like I would be embarrassed for him. I'm not a desirable person. I'm not what someone would like.

i dont know how you look like and honestly you dont know what anyone would like , as for approachign a guy it can be a good idea as long as you find him interested or you're just looking sex , but if you want a much better way, then it doesn't matter where you are if you find a guy you like , look at him and if he keeps looking at you hold eye contact and maybe give a little smile before looking the other way and keep looking , i know it works with me if a girl i find attractive does that i will want to get to know her, sadly some just want attention and some end up with bfs so i dont bother, nevertheless it works on me and iam a pretty lazy and kinda cold person yet i do my best to know who that girl is, i imagine it would work on most guys just fine.

OK. I guess, next time I meet a guy who I'll be interested in I'll try it. I'll have to be careful into not getting the wrong signals. I have a tendency to automatically get dependent for the attention of a man even if I find him unattractive or just hate the the guy. I could really just hate someone and have a nice discussion to get my ''attention time'' and while talking I'm just here being bored and wanting the guy to shut the hell up and never talk to me again because I can't stand the dude. I have my limits and and will never say anything and stay kinda polite. I know it's screwed up but if I get a bit of attention, I will feel a slight attachment. It's not my fault and I really try my best to get the most detached as possible because I know it's wrong. And don't worry I've done worst in the past with that 0% self-esteem.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you just didn't see their eyes because when you passed, they were on your ass or something.

What Guys Said 3

• no it's not possible. i'm sure for some they have little attractiveness but i don't think there is such thing as zero power of attraction.

and i imagine in your situation it is definitely not the case

• Honestly, you'll want to be in a more healthy place emotionally and mentally before you even worry about a relationship. Hate to say it but that's the best advice I can give.

I guess so...

I would tend to agree but sometimes people learn shit by being in a relationship that they wouldn't learn otherwise. It's unfair to the other person if you're aware of it, but people do it anyway.

• everybody has that power. it´s about training and using that skill or not. sure you can neglect it and not attract people but if you start trying and training it, you will succeed.

What Girls Said 1

• If you don't think you're pretty, then try working on being more attractive by changing your style and by working out. You could also try experimenting with make-up.

Well, I go to the gym and I fixed my eating habits (had ED) , I use vitamin supplements and natural beauty products such as oils and moisturizers. I don't like makeup tho... my sensitive skin and allergies just makes everything worst. lol // but I think it's more profound... it's deep in my heart.