Would you cook and clean up for your girl?

Am I sexist if I think it's a turn off? I'd probably be less attracted to a man who cooks and helps in the house chores, it'd feel like I can't even take care of my man. Am I old fashioned? Would a guy think I'm sexist for this?

Most Helpful Guy

• No but I'm an excellent cook. So we wouldn't work out if I can cook better than you. Plus in all honesty one it should be a shared task especially cleaning up. Things get done a lot faster. Plus its good quality time to talk to your spouse. One can wash one can dry. Get things done faster you can spend more time together. And vice versa it's fall now I'd appreciate some help cleaning up the lawn and things of that nature.

You're somehow right but I feel like that way I'd be the one taking care of him.

You can take care of him in other ways. It may not be cooking everynight maybe it's making his lunch for work everday or mskin sure the coffee is madequate before he leAves so he can have some. I just think you both had a long ass day at work it be nice to come home both help preparing dinner and cleaning up. Then you can enjoy the rest of the night together or seperately.

Most Helpful Girl

• Um I'm pretty sure a man would need to know at least once in his life how to cook for himself and do chores, during a time he lived alone at least... to me if a man can do that it's attractive.
    I don't wanna baby a man when he comes home, plus I'm not thinking of being a house wife so both of us need to work together in the house hold, to me a relationship is team work and occasionally sharing responsibilities.

What Guys Said 31

• cook yes
    take out the trash yes
    clean up the dust around her place yes
    sink full of dirty dishes yes

• It's not sexist, but i hope you can actually cook, not just throw ready made sauce onto mince and call it spaghetti bolognese.

FWIW i do both those things in my house because i do it better than her.

As a proud daughter of a retreated bartender/cordon blue, I sure as hell can cook.

Le Cordon Bleu eh? Respect. I would be happy to eat your food if your father taught you.

I was talking about my mom. My father barely knows how to do some spaghetti sauce 😂😂

• I'm old fashioned so obviously you know were my ideals lay but I would obviously cook or clean for my gal if she's sick or tired or for some reason can't as I am pretty capable in both areas.

You know call me sexist if want to, but I think that's where woman excel not necessarily in cooking or cleaning but in home stuff. Women and females in general are nurturers by nature.

• I would. I love cooking, so I would cook because I want to.
    I hate cleaning, but it's something you have to do, so I do it. I wouldn't feel ok having my girlfriend cooking and cleaning when we both work, it's like I'm taking advantage of her.

What if she is happy taking care of you?

I'll appreciate that, but I'd still do it. I wouldn't be happy seeing her do the cooking and cleaning every day while I just watch TV.

• I'm good with things around the house like laundry , dishes and such but I'm not one to be in the kitchen all the time. sure I'll cook and bake sometimes but it's something I do on occasion.
    I'm not sexist by any means , a relationship is equal , both partners make it whole by achieving things differently.

• depends. if she´s a stay at home wife and i´m the one who earns the money, it´s litterally her job, not mine. if we live in a modern setting, where both work, it´s 50:50. i like cooking anyway :D

• I think housechores have to be done - especially if both partners work.
    To me in the ideal case my girl works part-time and I full-time so she does more house-chores while I will do the work that are more guy-like as in lifting heavy things, etc.

That being said, I think everyone should be capable of handling house chores and cooking and I do like to cook occasionally. With my ex I used to cook mostly the more meat-based foods like burger, steak, etc while she did the things such as lasagna, stews, etc.

• Yes i would cook and clean for a girl. I'm use to cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, taking out the garbage, etc. Really, my Uncles did lot stuff around the house that ordinarily women do so my aunts were pretty lucky.

• The machine will clean up

• You share the chores and cooking. Am a chef so it's hard not to cook for my wife. Just share time to time , you are not used to see it that way, it's normal.
    And NO ! you are not a sexist, you just like to do it so it's normal.

• Haha if you're fine doing that stuff I'll take it.

• If my girl wants to do household chores then she is welcome. If she wants me to help her I'll do it too.

• if my girl is tired or sick or ill, then i'll do that to help her

• Always have always will without a thought otherwise.

Always thought always will... What?

Aha ok

Cooking for a partner is a way for anyone to show their love without saying a word. Cleaning is a life lesson which is hard to unlearn. Cooking shows love and cleaning shows you care. Two very small things that can mean so much once done. You'd be hard pressed to find a man who would never try to lighten your daily load. I don't think it's sexist so much as it is selfish. Selfish in so much as only you can do those things to show your love and care, but not him.

• I like cooking once in a while, but I won't complain if she wants to do the cleaning.

• I wouldn't complain to be honest. I hate doing house chores

I'm the opposite, I can think clearly when I'm working on something else. Probably just an habit.

To each his own

• It's just your preference. I'm a single father who's a handyman, a hell of a cook and I do ALL the cleaning. Think down on it if you want, but no one else is gonna do it. I actually like keeping things clean, it's part of my personality. I clean while I cook and keep shit tidy.

• Well nothing wrong with that but couples are a lot more team like these days ie paying and earning etc but whatever you like you like thats fine

• I live in the same place as them so its normal to me that i contribute.

• You're old fashion yes, but what's wrong with that? No, men don't typically think of anyone as sexist. ;)

• I would cook and clean up regardless of an SO.

• NO. I THINK THAT IF A WOMAN WANTS TO COOK FOR HER MAN THAN ONCE IN AWHILE SHE WILL LOVE IT WHEN HE DOE'S IT FOR HER

• If she's only doing house chores, is she even in a job, bringing money in?

• Haha.. are u serious with that question? :D

NO.

• I'd be disappointed, I wouldn't mind cooking and doing chores with my girl.

• Trust me i don't know how to cook. So any chance for me?

• Yes I would. I believe both partners should be equal in the relationship

• I'd rather her do the cooking and stuff, but I'm capable.

• NO this is why I am working hard towards a good degree, we need a maid..

I was asking a sincere question but you decided to make fun of it. Your level of maturity is impressive.

Yea, If you don't do it I will hire someone that can. I was being for real

I'd just ignore you from now on.

• You're amazing. Don't change. The fucker that gets you will be a LUCKY sonofabitch. Very hard to find a girl like you now a days. :/

It's hard because why should we

@Touchmehxx The thing is I don't expect anything in return. When you do something for the person you love, just seeing them happy, smiling and well loved... It'd be worth more than the whole world. If I take care of someone, it's not like I expect anything back.. Relationships aren't about what you get, rather about how much you can give.

Well if you say it's about that surely he would want to do something too

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 10

• I'd say that your opinion being that does seem a bit old fashioned, but trust me, there's nothing wrong about it! And it's not sexist at all! However, it'd be sexist if you thought something like "guys should never learn to cook, that's too feminine." Or something like that! Sexist really only means that you think of the entire male population as that one specific way! And I can tell that don't think that at all! Everyone has their preferences in what they like, and that's just yours! If a guy thought that this was sexist, then he most likely doesn't understand that being sexist isn't only voicing your opinion about typical traditional gender roles, when it's really a lot more in depth than that.

• I don't think it's "sexist." As long as your partner is on the same page as you and wants the same things, I see nothing wrong with that. In my relationship, I'm much more of a cooker and cleaner than he is. I imagine when we live together, those things will mainly be my responsibility and I'm okay with that. Every relationship is different and that's okay. As long as no one is being forced to do something they don't want to do, it's not a big deal and it's no one else's business.

• my boyfriend is OCD, he won't leave the house without making the bed, and won't even eat dinner until the dishes are done. and I already stated in one of my questions that he does all the cooking. I clean up all the time & I'm no slob, but bc he is so OCD it's hard to keep up with him. one thing outta place he freaks out. he even admits he has OCD. I like that he's so clean, but it is kinda annoying. he yelled at me bc I combed my hair and a few strands fell on the bed. I threw my paper plate in the wrong trash can and he made me take out all the trash & clean the trash can itself. bc it had food particles in it.

My father is an OCD, it's very hard to cope with it sometimes, good luck for you girl. Whenever I stay too much with my father he makes me somehow like him.

lol, he's a nice guy but it seems like my attempts to be a good housekeeper is all in vain

Hahaha, I know it's hard to keep up. It's always about the little details, you must learn to notice the little things and fix it before he notices. I admit it is very hard.

• You are not being sexist. That is just your preference. If you had said that all girls should do that, then that is sexist. I plan on having a career as a surgeon. I will not be home as often as a stay at home wife. I would need a guy who is willing to help around the house.

• No, what your saying sounds way too modern. A man who can't cook or clean is a sign for trouble if you marry him. That means god forbid you get pregnant, you will have to do EVERYTHING by yourself because he can't help nurse you, or the children when you get sick, etc. These are the basic skills, or else you will have to pick up the slack if he refuses to share the responsibility and learn.

I would rather be with a man who knows how to cook and clean than a man who shows laziness other than going to work. But if that is your preference, then its your preference. But it has a lot of cons to that when looking for a suitable husband for this day and age especially.

I didn't say I want a lazy guy who has no ability. I said I'd RATHER do it. Even if he knows how to do it, I prefer he doesn't.

Or you may grow to feel resentful towards him since your doing most of work. That is one of the top complaints from women that leaves men to feel like their trapped.

I understand your pov but I think the opposite. The more I take care of that person, the more I'd know them and it'd make me feel so happy to see the person I love well loved.

• I too cook for my boyfriend and do most of the cleaning. He has never said that its sexist. I do it because i love to cook and occasionally he will come to help. Then again he mostly does all my gardening work every evening for me. I don't think your sexist. I'm kinda like you... a bit old fashioned in a way.

Exactly, I love to cook as well and the feeling of taking care of someone. I'm glad to hear that, I wish you a happy relationship with him ❤

Yup, i agree. I do it because we love each other and taking care feels great. Thank you. I wish the same for you. <3 :)

• I would do the cooking and cleaning, but it sure as hell would be nice to have help just like I'd help him if he were doing most of the cooking and cleaning.

• No one's taking over my house chores 😠😂 I actually enjoy house chores 😳 I put my music on and dance and sing my head off while cleaning lol It's therapeutic

• Not sexist but you buy into gender roles. I don't thunk it's a bad thing, you might change your mind one day when you actually want a break from that stuff and your husband swoops in

• heck nah
    the maid will do it XD

The maids? Ehem ok

well in leb I ve had a maid since I was born XD
      I d like to keep it that way hahaha
      but of course both partners should know how to get by on their own.
      and when their should be equal, considerate and affectionate treatment in both ways