Should I meet up with a guy that just wants to have sex?

There is this guy that I met on an online dating website a few months ago and we recently starting talking and he told me that he wants to meet up this week just to hook up. I told him that he should meet my parents and he told me that he doesn't want to. He doesn't want to take me out to dinner or go on a date. He only wants to have sex. I never met him in person. Should I meet up with him if that is all he wants or should I just forget about him?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you have feelings for him (which it seems like you do) Then don't meet up with him.
    He clearly doesn't have feelings for you and only wants sex.
    Hooking up with him is probably gonna make you more attached

Most Helpful Girl

• If he just wants sex, then he just wants a hookup. He doesn't want to hear from you after, so dates and meeting the parents is irrelevant. He does not care about who you are just your body. If you just want a hookup, then meet with him. If you wanted to date him, find another guy.

What Guys Said 21

• be smart and vet him beforehand

• are you the kind of person who can get attached from sex? if Yes then you probably should say no, If No then go for it assuming you want to.

• Umm... that's your choice, but that's scary if you don't know the person face to face. I would immediately forget about him cause why meet a random guy to just have sex? Plus it's dangerous cause you don't know the real him until ou meet the guy.

• If you want an ONS , it's up to you.
    If you hope a relationship it's risky.

• what´s the point in asking him to meet your parents, if he just wants to hook up? what would be the point for you in meeting him?

• No. You'll catch feelings and then this site will have yet another question from a pink anon on how to "make a player change."

• It's a little sketchy if you never even met him in person and go straight to sex and this is coming from a guy. He could be crazy it's easy to put up a front through a screen just be careful

• If all you want for yourself is to be his next pump and dump, go ahead. It seems like you probably want better than that for yourself though.

• If all you want is sex then meet him. Otherwise don't.

• It largely depends on whether you want to have sex with him or not, despite it probably not leading to a relationship.

You also really shouldn't ask a guy to meet your parents before you've even met him yourself. That'll put off a lot of guys

• If you BOTH just want sex... why not! Just tell a friend or someone else you know, where you are... just in case the guy is a creep.

• There is nothing wrong with meeting up for only sex, but how will you know that the guy is reliable

• If he just wants sex, then he just wants a hookup.

• its a no from me

• forget him.

• Depends on what you want..
    If you just want sex too, go for it..
    Else forget him..

• Be your self slut

• That's up to you.

• absolutely

• What's amazing is you are asking the question. I know what he wants and I haven't the slightest idea what you want.

What do you want?

• If sex and hooking up is not what you really want or only want, then you're wasting your time and effort with him, look for another guy that i son the same page as you and has the same goal as you are and is willing to commit to you.

What Girls Said 12

• Personally I wouldn't. I'd forget about him , but it depends on what you're looking for... a one night stand , friends with benefits or a committed relationship. If he's not offering what you want, then don't meet him

To be fair to him though, he has been upfront will you , rather than manipulating you and stringing you along. He's letting you know what he has to offer , you have to decide if it's what you want

• You need to forget about him, he wants to use you like a whore. Forget about him, cut ties and leave him be! Meeting your parents means that they will either view him as your boyfriend or somebody who you want to marry. He just wants sex out of you. That was his whole plan from the beginning because he can't get that from anybody. I bet you he never really dated before either. That is a red flag.

• Depends on what you're looking for if you know what he wants and you want something different don't go

• Why are you asking this? He clearly just wants sex (after all he doesn't want to go on a date and his literally said he wants to hook up).
    Clearly you do want to date and have a relationship, otherwise you wouldn't ask him to meet your parents or ask him to take you out.
    Drop him like a sack of mouldy potatoes- don't be the girl who falls for the guy who isn't interested.

• I wouldn't. It could be dangerous. You will be alone with him not in a public place where you can get help. You don't know this guy at all.

• Please don't. I mean if all you want is to hook up with him too then that's your business, do what you want, I can't stop you. Otherwise, you already know his intentions... don't go if you're looking for something more than that.

• Seems a bit shaky, I think it's safer to not meet up with him

• If you don't want a casual bed partner move on. If you do, go for it.

• No you should not.

• No, forget about him

• No no no.

• Depends if that's what you want too