Boyfriend texting another girl... I don't know what to think... Opinions?

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for 6 months now and just about 2 weeks ago he met another girl online (she posted how she couldn't sleep and he said same and then they started talking). They started texting each other (exchanged cell numbers) the next day. He came to visit me at school the same day they started texting and I saw him get a message from a girls name I didn't recognize so I asked who it was. He said that he met her at school but when I asked more questions he said he actually met her online and didn't want to say since he thought it would bother me. I asked him why he started talking to her and he said that he felt neglected because I wasn't talking to him that much since I had midterms to study for and that he wanted someone to talk to with similar interests (which apparently she has). We had an argument but I decided to be nice and not make him stop talking to her. What bothers me about this is the fact that he won't let me see what they are talking about (he doesn't let anyone read his texts so that could mean nothing) and he says stuff like he enjoys talking to her and that she is flirty with him (he says he's not) and that he likes having a friend to talk to that stays up late with him. Also he didn't tell her about me cuz he said that he thought she wouldn't treat him the same way if she knew he had a girlfriend. I asked him to tell her about me and he said he would but it's been a week and he still hasn't done it cuz he says he doesn't know how to and he feels it would make it seem like he thinks she is coming on to him. He always says he loves me a lot and he does so many things for me all the time even if its stuff he doesn't like or want to do and we have a really happy relationship. I'm trying to be understanding and I don't want to control him or be clingy but at the same time I'm scared he will start to like her and leave me for her. I don't know what to think. Is this something I should be worried about?

Most Helpful Guy

• Lay the cards on the table tell him take his pick either you or her. Yes i would be worried about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• You claim you have a very happy relationship and he goes out of his way to make you happy. If that is really true then this (your worrying) shouldn't even be an issue. Major contradiction right there. Also what do you mean "decided to be nice and LET him keep talking to her"? You his mom/supervisor now? Enforcing ultimatums is one of the fastest ways to ruin any relationship.

Sidenote: I personally do not tell guys I am in a relationship because they tend to start to watch their words more carefully and walk on eggshells, and that beta shit is seriously annoying.

What Guys Said 1

• he lied to you about her... what do you think?

What Girls Said 3

• You have a bad boyfriend.

• I would be worried. I left my husband and found an old high school friend to talk to, late at night, when I was lonely. Than one night it all turned to flirting, than texting every day, all through out the day, to phone calls. I'm moving in with him shortly. If sparks fly, similar interests, chemistry, for that couple, it's all up hill from there. Sorry, but he's really appreciating her company. I'd make sure to have him reveal what he's texting her, or you'll never be able to trust him.

• Girl something is up with all honesty. If he really lived you he shouldn't care what this girl thinks if he says he has you. Bio it in the bud before you get hurt.