Why is he doing this to me and his son?

I've been dating a single dad for almost 1 year. He has a 3 soon to be 4 year old son. A soon who he hardly ever spends time with, he's always working (he's a physician). He always drops off his son at my place Monday through Friday from 7am to 6pm. Not just that, but he also expects me to spend time with him on the weekends. Don't get me wrong, but I'm ALWAYS busy, I work... study... and now raising his son. I've asked him to make an effort to spend more time with his son, and he said his job is more important.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• He is using you as a babysitter and he is workaholic that has little time for his child. He may want to support his child instead of spend time with him due to his job being demanding. He is a doc and they work long hours and he wants to rest after a long day so he neglects his son. He works the day shift so by night he is tired and so is his son so they both leave each other alone

Accually his profession demands on call and un scheduled prognosis and I'm sure he may quite busy in that respect.

Is it possible that he doesn't love me?

Asker No I think he's right in his work demands and I believe that he cares enough to allow you to care for his son while he's busy making a very lucrative living to share with you as time rolls on. It's a test to see if you're being family oriented or not for possibly to have more children later from you.

• Well, if he stops working then he can no longer provide for his son.