He told his friends he had sex with me to impress them?

So I've been dating this guy for the last month and I let him spend the night at my house on Wednesday night. Absolutely nothing happened between us, we just cuddled and slept.

Today my friend told me that he told him and all his others friends that he had sex with me. I am absolutely fuming. I feel so disrespected by him and I'm considering breaking up with him.

Is this an over reaction? I really don't want to be with a guy who feels he has to lie to his friends about having sex with me to impress them. It's so immature and shallow and a huge red flag in my opinion.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, break up with him. That is genuinely a HUGE red flag.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not an over reaction at all. It should not be anybody business whatsoever what you to do and don't do. Yes, some men do it. Mature men don't. You know these are red flags, move on. A man who has to have the validation of other people and friends is NOT a man, but a follower.

What Guys Said 6

• Immature for sure. Sounds like he might have low self esteem.
    It's up to you if you stay with him or leave him, but either way you should let him know that you're pissed off about what he did.
    If everything else is good and this is the only negative thing about the relationship, it might be worth forgiving him and using this as an opportunity to set some ground rules for the relationship. Make it clear what is acceptable and not acceptable.
    He probably didn't mean to hurt you, it's more of a reflection of how he feels about himself than anything else, but it does give you an idea of where he and his friends are at as far as maturity...

So far this has been the only problem but I do think it's a big enough red flag for me to end things now. Honestly, at 22 years of age he should know better than acting "cool" in front of his friends. Thanks for your opinion! :)

• You're right. It's extremely juvenile. And a betrayal of trust.

• Juvenile and immature without a doubt. For many guys, there's a lot of social pressure for that sort of thing. What he did wasn't, under any circumstances, acceptable, but I think one can understand that guys can be immature when they're together sometimes.

I'd consider it a red flag and weigh in along with any pros and cons you've seen with the guy before making a decision. In any relationship, mistakes will be made and people are going to do and say stupid things. This alone, IMHO, isn't enough to end a relationship completely if it was working out otherwise.

• If he actually told them that, it's an indication he is not a good character.

Be sure that your intelligence is accurate though. You have only one source. It could be your friend has misunderstood or vastly exaggerated something. It could be that *her* sources got it wrong.

• It's not an over reaction.

• Wouldn't that be a good thing?

Besides, don't women talk about sex lives to their friends too?

What Girls Said 16

• You are not overreacting. What he did was very immature, and shows that he's basing his self worth over his friends, and not himself. I agree with others that he probably has low self esteem since he has to spin lies, and big lies at that. You should definitely talk with him about rescinding what he claimed and telling the truth. Of course, it will make him seem like a lier but, that is his own fault, and he has to pay the consequences. If he does not confess, break up with him and tell the truth yourself. He'll become a lier both ways.

Thanks for your opinion! Ever since I heard I knew I was going to end things because what he did is just so not ok and definitely not something I can forget about.

I asked this question here because my best friend thinks I'm insane to end things with him over this, saying it's not a big deal what he did when to me it really is.

• You should tell him exactly how you feel and if he doesn't care or doesn't take it seriously then break up with him if you feel that's how you should handle the situation.

• Not an over reaction at all. That was disrespectful of him and a good indication of his character. I think you are more than justified in ending things.

• I would dump him. You are totally in the right to feel disrespected and belittled. Also that just proves how immature he is and you don't seem to need a man like that.

• End it. Any guy who isn't strong enough to stand up against peer pressure or his friends questions and taunts isn't worth having.

• very immature, tell him what you think and if just shrugs it off maybe think about he might not be the one for you

• No it's not an over reaction, if he can lie to his friends he sure as hell can lie to lie

• all those kisses they didn't mean jack
    , I don't want you back

your best option

• Yeah it's immature, and it shows his friends' opinions matter more than yours. Get out now pls.

• Seems like untrustworthy guy

• get ride of that crap out of your life that ain't no relationship i would want to be in.

• That was stupid of him one of my guy friends did this and I got so tired of saying it wasn't true I eventually just said yeah we had sex it was so embarrassing he kept screaming his mums name it shut them all up😂

• Sounds like a douche, run. I would be livid if my boyfriend had ever done that to me.

• Dump him. Absolutely dump him, what a creep ball!

• Girl you should have never let him sleep over. Men are liars and care only about sex.

• Confront him about it through texting. Then printscreen the discussion and send it to his friends. They need to know he's full of shit. Then, dumb the idiot.

dump* not dumb lol.