Do you think it makes a man more attractive if he can do basic maintenance on a vehicle (Change a flat tire, change the breaks, ect)?

Do you think it makes a man more attractive to women if they see him change a flat tire, or replace a fan belt, ect? (Some minor repairs to the vehicle that don't really require knowledge of vehicles, just the ability to do it himself instead of calling a towtruck or autozone)

This is an old saying I've heard a couple of times, always wondered if it's true.

• Yes, it makes a man more attractive.
  • No, it doesn't have a significant impact.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's one of those things where it's not unattractive if he can't, but skills of any of are always a plus that add to someone's attractiveness. Being good at cars is no more or less attractive than being a really great cook or good at work working or having an eye for design, etc.

*wood working

As for being able to change a tire - that's a basic skill that anyone who drives a car should know how to do...

Most Helpful Guy

• It would make a woman more attractive if she could do those things. If she's with me and doesn't know how I'm going to show her and put some peer pressure on her to learn.

Lol, the last birthday present I bought a women was a set of screwdrivers. She didn't have more than a couple of basic screwdrivers, so I remedied that.

What Girls Said 21

• It's not about fixing "a car", but being able to fix "anything", or at least try to find a way, moving things up and down so they can find a way or an answer... that's the attractive part about all this "fixing a car", at least for me.
    My boy can fix a tire, and minor stuff on his car, he can also do the same with electronics, computers, and knows basic stuff about electricity/health/politics/animals/relationships... the point is to try.
    For a man to be able to fix his car, for example, makes us think (women) that even if he doesn't know how to deal with a certain situation, he'll find the way, talks about a proactive, independent, intelligent man.

Aaand... it's not only about "man stuff" (cuz I know how to change a tire, and I myself fixed my mopped), but I think everything in general, even cooking for a man, or doing "girl's stuff", is sexy :))

She knows I like her. I dont hide it. I've called her beautiful many times. Even in her native language that I dont speak (I learnt the words especially and she knows this). I think the attraction is there, just something making her unsure i guess.
      Out for dinner with friends tonight and it was: the 3 other single women at one end talking about make up and the couple, her, and I at the other end chatting away (unfortunately not in my native language so I only understood 10-80% of it depending on which language was being spoken :p We are a very multi-lingual group). But tonight, seeing her really enjoying herself, and laughing away.. my heart melt a little :$ She had to run home for something and she is meant to be joining me/us for a drink and dance but reasons have forced me to leave early. I will get a text soon asking where I am.
      LOL.. going on about this is some other persons post :p
      My java skills are honed. Im writing my thesis program in java ;) Then getting the €€€

@nichtweiss omg lmao xDD... have fun... kiss her next time... anddd I'm out, tonight we have a Halloween mask party! haha :p au revour mon ami, diviertete :)

• Yes, it certainly is helpful no doubt! But it's not really "attractive" to me, you get what I mean? Like if a guy can do something repairing wise I'm not going to physically feel more attracted to them simply because they have the basic skills of fixing something small. It's not like I'm sitting there thinking, "wow! He could fix that small little thing? That's so attractive!" That was a bit over the top I'll admit haha! But still, nevertheless it doesn't make me more attracted to him.

• A guy damn well better be able to do something as simple as change a tire. But doesn't replacing belts actually require a bit of skill?

• Yes, it makes a man more attractive, but a woman too. It's attractive to be able to take care of yourself, being smart and knowledgeable for both genders.

• Does it make a woman more or less attractive if she can sew? I can change a tire.

• Not really since there's car workshops?

• To me yeah, I like capable people.

• No. But I'm oddly more attracted to a man who is good at math or plays billiards lol

• I don't think it's more attractive, I just feel like it's a basic knowledge that all people should know. I'm a female and my mom and her mom and her mom's mom all taught the girls in the family about vehicles and how to repair them. As I stated earlier, it's a basic knowledge I think all should know.

• No cause i can do this. Its attractive if he knows how to build things. You know since thats kinda what men where supposed to do.

• Yes, that's really attractive it's like a women who know how to cook and tale care of the house is attractive for a man

• it'll be more attractive if he has the money to send help over

• Not more attractive but manlier

• To me no because they should know how, especially something women can do now.

• It's always a good thing if a guy is handy but does it make him attractive no.

• I voted no but all of the guys I have dated do a lot of basic maintenance.

• Nope its helpful, but doesn't impact his looks, no.

• the guy could be a jerk but can change a tire no nothing on that its just something simple that a lot of woman and guys can do

• C'mon, they should know how coz many girls seem know how to.

• I put no but I took it as you meant turned on... liek what him, if you just mean attracted then yes. I like people who can take care of most small issues themself. I wouldn't even learn to drive until after I learned to change a flat... lol

• It does!! 😍

What Guys Said 4

• it can. my wife has said it is very sexy when i do work on my car

i'm sure not all women feel this way or care at all but it is certainly true in some cases

• Sometimes I make girls wet with my driving. Or maybe that's the seat-warmer...

• Yeah women typically dig that shit.

• He's more useful but I don't think that would make him more attractive. Just more useful.