Guys, everyone thinks I'm hot and attractive so why don't I get asked out?

Everyone says that I'm hot and attractive and a LOT of guys stare at me (even guys who have girlfriends) but I never get asked out or approached by any of them... it's strange.. many of my unattractive classmates and friends have boyfriends... I'm starting to think that I'll never get approached by any guy.. There's this one guy whom I really like and well he's fairly confident and outgoing and is very comfortable talking to other girls but gets very shy and quiet around me.. he just stares at me when he thinks I'm not looking and finds excuses to hang around me all the time but never says anything..

So basically I'm confused.. I'm quite a shy person could this be a reason why guys don't approach me or ask me out?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• what makes you think the guy has to approach? girls are intimidating, and most guys know girls dont want them. and will just reject guys. girls are beautiful and dont risk rejection, so that means girls are the ones who are supposed to approach the guy she wants, and girls gotta quit thinking guys have to be confident and do everything because it doesn't work like that. confidence is gained in life and girls should already have that due to her physical beauty. but when guys are confident that means he's more than likely an alpha male player and will just use a girl. girls also gotta stop thinking guys are going to be like girls, with the outgoing shit and being naturally successful with the opposite gender.

What Guys Said 13

• Yeah honestly I think you being shy may have something to do with it. It may give off a vibe that you seem disinterested in others and as such makes them intimidated/think twice about approaching you. You may have to break out of your shell and show them you are a nice person!

• Yeah you're probably scaring them with your looks.. especially if you're not smiling either. It makes it hard for the guys to approach if they haven't seen a sign from you that you're interested.

Yeah I never smile at any unknown guy who seems interested in me... I don't even smile at the guy I like.. it's not that I don'the want to but I'm just too nervous to smile

I'll try to smile at him from now on! 😁

Yeah no problem go for it girl!

• Flirt with that one guy you really like, or ask him out. I can pretty much guarantee you he'll say yes. If you don't have the courage to do this then you know how he must be feeling (your shyness is probably perceived as coldness/lack of interest by him).

• Well your shyness can be read as unapproachable. Also the guy who is confident with other girls, but not with you, that you like, probably has a crush on you. Now, men don't get signs so just ask him why hasn't he already asked you out yet, or something. You have to start seeming more approachable.

• its highly possible that all the guys are intimidated by your looks, and you look very hot so they are afraid to approach you.

• You're either too hot to ask out (think of a hot object) or your personality. I'm thinking it's a combination of both (heck, you even said that your classmates are unattractive).

FYI: shyness can be seen as "cold" by some. I get that.

• Don't wait to be asked. Ask guys you're interested in.

• It's because the people whom you're interested in have no idea that you're interested, and you also seem to be quite condescending which can put people off.

No I'm not condescending... all of my classmates and friends like me and think that I'm a nice person

I agree, what makes a person attractive is not just their "looks" but right now I'm just talking about the physical appearance of other girls as compared to me, not their personalities etc. Like some of my friends find it really hard to believe that I don't have a boyfriend because they think I'm so pretty etc.

That just means people have no idea if they can approach you or not when they like you :p

• May be you just don't give enough signals to guys or may be they fear something of you to ask you out. May be you like the one... Who is friendly but, "Know your limits" girl. or May be you are anti social.

Should know you better though to answer this.

• If you're as hot as you say (subjective). Guys may be intimidated by you?

• Ask them out honestly it will help you out in life

This is my biggest problem -_- I'm very shy so it's really hard for me to approach a complete stranger let alone a guy I like..

• I dont know...

• Well first start by moving out of - india.