Excited and nervous for my first date since my breakup (2 weeks ago), is it too soon?

I was with my ex for a year and she dumped me 2 weeks ago and now I have a date lined up for tomorrow (also have another one lined up with another girl in 1.5 weeks). I'm afraid that it's too early, but considering I did my grieving (cried like a little bitch for a week), tried getting her back, and have accepted the fact that the relationship is over I believe I'm ready to move on. It also helps that my ex doesn't actually even give a fuck about me and lied to me during the entire relationship so I just think she's a bitch now.
Anyway, I'm super excited to go on this date as it's my first one since I started dating my ex. The girl I'm going to see is also by far the prettiest girl I've ever been on a date with (karma is real! she's a 9.5... I know that's shallow, I'm just excited). I actually feel super confident about it too. If my ex comes up (I'm going to do everything I can to steer clear of that) should I tell her the truth that it's only been 2 weeks or lie and say it's been longer as to not scare her?

1mo Date went very well and the girl is VERY into me. She was a bit shy, but it was kind of cute. We had a couple make out sessions. At the end I told her that I won't be able to see her for about 2 weeks due to finals (true) and she got scared that I didn't want to see her again so she literally pounced on me and made out and groped me until I pinky promised her that I'll see her again. We're meeting up again in 4 days for ice cream and netflix and chill. She came on a tad too strong.

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, no that is a sign that she is eager for sex very early. And YES. Its is way too soon to be dating. It also sounds like she's very desperate and needy. Why so physical on the 1st date? I'm telling you, in 4 days she is ready for sex. And that should be a red flag. You do need to just tell her the truth and see what she says and looking to do. Not telling her means your being dishonest, and your not giving her room to have the freedom to stay or go. The shyness is part of the act, but she is also a bit nervous as well.

I wanted to sleep with her on the first date and was actually dissolved that we didn't. We're definitely sleeping together next date since it's ice cream and netflix and chill. I'm just looking to have fun and I think she is as well so I really don't care either way. That's why the end confused me, she just seemed wayyyy too into me, more so than you should if you're just looking for a hook up like I thought we both were. Now I feel bad about having another date lined up after finals with another girl (I planed that date before this one). I still don't think it's too early to date though, I'm over my ex even though it's been 2 weeks. My ex manipulated and used me to get attention and love from me and then dumped me because she wanted to bang other guys. I never deserved that because I was so good to her. I hate her for it and it's very easy to get kver someone you hate.

Fair enough, you're right, I don't want to hurt this girl, I'll make sure to tell her next time I see her. I'm really not a dick I promise.

@Asker

I understand that. But this is unhealthy. And you need to have more time for yourself. You have to learn to have forgiveness of your ex, and let go. Lack of forgiveness means lack of real love in your heart. And you need to stop calling her a B. Regardless of what she did. Respect women, even if you can't respect what she did. Be the better man that another human being can love and do the job she refused to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• "lied to me during the entire relationship so I just think she's a bitch now"

"should I tell her the truth that it's only been 2 weeks or lie and say it's been longer as to not scare her?"

... bruh

If the convo comes up, don't lie but there's no need to bring it up on a first date.

I'm not bringing anything up, only if she asks and if she does I'll barely touch the subject and change the convo asap.

Yeah i believe that, but then you can't really turn around to the next girl and lie yourself can you? Makes you no better.

If you need to rebound then rebound.

You're right, I'm not going to try to trick this girl, I'm fairly sure she's just looking for a hookup as well though so that's nice. This girl is seriously smoking hot, I hope that doesn't mess up my game since she seems interested. I met her off tinder and she gave me her number without me even asking hahaha. I had even set up the date around 4ish today and told her to have a good day and see her tomorrow since I was busy studying and she just kept texting me even though I had made it clear that I was done texting until I saw her.
      I have another date lined up with another girl in like a week and a half from now as well, but I already told her that I just got out of a relationship and she doesn't care and just wants to have fun, she's pretty too and a lot of fun to talk to.

What Girls Said 5

• Unless she brings it up don't say anything. If she asks be honest, you don't want the lie to bite you in the ass later!

Honestly though I think 2 weeks is really soon unless you're looking for a rebound hook up

Yea I'm looking for a rebound and just casual dating. I'm not opposed to anything though. If it was another relationship then yes, 2 weeks would be too soon, but a lot has factored in and I want to move on from someone like my ex asap because my time and energy is too valuable to waste it on someone like her.

• Yes, it is too soon. But hey, do what you want.

Meh maybe, all I know is that I'm super excited to start my life without my ex in the picture. It's only after the breakup that you sometimes see things for what they were really were.

• Be honest. But explain to her that you're like moving past it and want to see where things go with her.

• Good for you

• No be honest say "it's been 2 weeks but to be honest I should have gotten out earlier. There were a lot of problems in our relationship that I had grown almost blind too. It wasn't healthy, I loved her but it was never going to work. Our relationship had kind of gotten to 'brain dead'... it wasn't if we should pull the plug it was just the when. ".

I really like that reply and will definitely use it if comes up which I will try to avoid like the plague hahaha. The date is in 3 hours, I'm starting to get nervous since she's drop dead gorgeous, but I know I'll do well. She wouldn't be going on a date with me if she wasn't attracted to me or given me her number without me even asking for it.

haha nice! So I guess it went well?

Yea it did and I'm actually worried now that she might be too into me, I know that's a dumb worry to have but it's true. The dinner was good and I did most of the talking since she was shy but I didn't mind. Then when we went for a walk she kept bumping into me and things like that, I could tell that she wanted me to kiss her but I waited until we got to where I had planned to kiss her (by the city river with the bridge lit up in the background, it's super pretty). So I went for the kiss and we ended up making out for like 5-10min (hard to tell). She then held my hand as we were walking and we made out again a couple times as we were walking back to her car. She drove me back and well you can see in the update what she did. I'm not used to having a girl be this into me this fast, even from the way she was looking at me and she kept complaining about why she had to go to work tomorrow and maybe she should take a sick day.

What Guys Said 2

• There is no too soon

• GOOD JOB! Don't think too much about it, just go with it. Over thinkers cause problems. Unless of course, you are Ian Flemming.

Yea I'm just going to see where it goes, I just hope she doesn't get too attached because I am definitely not ready for anything serious. Now I feel bad for having another date set up with another girl (I made that plan first). I still want to meet that girl though since our texting conversations are more fun than this girl's.

I gotcha, I'll give it 2 more dates with this girl and then I'll make up my mind if I should continue or not. I want to give her a fair shot because she does seem like a good catch. The only thing that scared me was that she was so into me and is that really the worst thing haha?

Not really. Here is the thing, guys and girls are just as clueless on dating as each other. They don't know what to do, so they play it by what they think the other persons wants. She doesn't know how to approach things. If she is coming on too strong, talk it out. She doesn't know what she is doing.