Boyfriend wants to hang out tonight with his buddies, am I being too sensitive?

He wants to play basketball tonight (Saturday) with them and suggested meeting me tomorrow (Sunday) early for brunch

Most Helpful Guy

• To answer this question, other factors must be taken into consideration. If the two of you have been spending a lot of attentive time together and you don’t feel you’re being neglected by the fact every time he’s asking to hang out with his buddies and ignore time with you, then yes, you might be behaving a little bit sensitive in this instance. However, if you have been ignored lately, and you find yourself alone a lot, because he appears to be spending all his free time with his buddies, then of course not; you’re not being sensitive to the feelings you’re experience, from my perspective. Therefore, reflect upon the last couple of months and consider objectively what the two of you have been doing together. Have you been spending a lot of time together doing activities or just snuggling on the sofa with a good movie or book, or as he been spending more time with his buddies, than with you. That’s how you’ll know whether or not you are being too sensitive to his request or whether your feeling are justified. That’s my bottom line.

What Guys Said 9

• You want him to stop being active? You know if you stop him enjoying himself, especially from things that are simply about enjoying life andd having interests. He is going to get more easily agitated by you. Try to think of it more rationally. Assuming you and him are more long term... these kind of things should make you want to spend more time together rather than get sick off one another

• It depends on how you're reacting you his wanting to play basketball tonight. If you're making a fuss about it (when you've got plans for brunch in the morning) then yes, I think you're being too sensitive. But if you just understand that he wants a guy's night playing hoops then you're not being too sensitive.

• I would take that offer hands down pronto!
    BUT he better NOT be late, so prefer he PICKS ME UP instead of hanging around by myself waiting waiting
    Basketball exercise always makes guys horny and me more attractive, enough so to at least gain a nice Sunday dinner outing in compensation.

Odd that guys would together plan Saturday for BBall when that's date night for most people, even if married. Saturday is also World Series + college football TV, so if you are not sports enthusiastic in past thus excluded, better work on that. You are not even invited to man the cold drink ice chests and watch him/them play?

In order to insure nothing fishy is up, better stalk that Saturday game and take notes in case you have competition, then never worry again.

• I don't see an issue with it. You are going to see him tomorrow. He doesn't have to be with you everyday or weekend. Calm down.

• Sounds like a fair deal, he hangs with his friends and gets to be with his woman afterwards. 😋

• Big time! He's going to brunch with you.. Brunch!

• He sounds reasonable.

• Yeah, let him play basketball.

• Yes you are.

What Girls Said 10

• Your boyfriend is more than entitled to spend time with his friends if he wants. He's offered to meet you tomorrow so there's no problem here.

• Yes you are. Let him have his boys nights. He can't drop everything just because he is with you. I think he sounds like a good guy considering he is trying to make a compromise with you. He is hanging out with his friends tonight, but he is spending his Sunday with you. Why don't you just have a girls night?

• I'd be excited that my man was doing things to stay physically active. Is there a trust issue at play here? Or are you just bummed that he's not spending time with you? I'd go out with the girls and have a few drinks while he is playing ball.

• I don't see why that's bad.

• He's allowed to hangout out with his friends! And actually, he should. You shouldn't need to be with him all the time. Let him go and take him up on the offer tomorrow

• There's nothing wrong with that, in my opinion. It's good that he's balancing between spending time with you and his friends. That's what makes a relationship healthy!

• Let him go and have a good time

• What's the issue?

• What's the problem? He suggested to meet you tomorrow. If he hadn't you would have worry

No problem unless he's got a hot date Sat. night = date night

@FemWorship lol so stupid

Only to you who knows "he" and provided such little data for us to waste time guessing... other hand, maybe NOT so stupid... did you go stalk this "event" to find all it was advertised to be?

• i dont see a problem with him wanting to hang ut with his friends, unless you left something out... did u already have plans?